Draft Hull Table

Discussions about Cosmic Starfire.

Moderators: SDS Members, SDS Owner

Forum rules
Cosmic Starfire is being designed by Fred Burton (aka 'Crucis'). Please direct all inquiries to him.

1. Nothing obscene.
2. No advertising or spamming.
3. No personal information. Mostly aimed at the posting of OTHER people's information.
4. No flame wars. We encourage debate, but it becomes a flame when insults fly and tempers flare.

Try to stick with the forum's topic. Threads that belong to another forum will be moved to that forum.

Re: Draft Hull Table

Postby tmul4050 on Tue 30 Apr 2013 18:44

Crucis, an idea.
If it was not too much trouble, maybe you could devote a specific topic set ideas/rules you have thought of: for example the above draft hull table. Lock it so only you can add to it and that way we won't have to read our way through pages and pages of text. It would also be good for new readers to see the lasted thinking easily. Place another topic so comments can be made on the changes. This way when you think you are down to a clean copy we can all see. :)
You could call the topic something like set concepts or something
tmul4050
Commander
Commander

Postby Crucis on Tue 30 Apr 2013 19:25

tmul4050 wrote:Are the differing hulls speed limits the same (eight for a corvette, seven for a destroyer and so on)? Maybe speed limits should be limited by tech level.

tmul, I don't particularly like the idea of speed 8 CT's. I don't terribly mind speed 7, but speed 8 is a bit too good for my taste. I can live with speed 8 CT's at higher TL's, but at TL1 it's too good for my taste.

In truth, I'm a bit old school (actually very old school) and find even speed 7 small ships a bit odd. ;)
Crucis
SDS Member
SDS Member

Postby Crucis on Tue 30 Apr 2013 19:43

tmul4050 wrote:Crucis, an idea.
If it was not too much trouble, maybe you could devote a specific topic set ideas/rules you have thought of: for example the above draft hull table. Lock it so only you can add to it and that way we won't have to read our way through pages and pages of text. It would also be good for new readers to see the lasted thinking easily. Place another topic so comments can be made on the changes. This way when you think you are down to a clean copy we can all see. :)
You could call the topic something like set concepts or something

Well, in this particular case, I could probably create a separate (locked) thread listing the current state of the hull table. But this hull table thread was meant for discussions, so I don't mind (and wanted) all the comments.

As for other topics, don't expect to see too many additional topics, as most of the work is occurring in private. I don't mind sharing some stuff from time to time, but I don't want to share everything. After all, there'd be no surprises then. ;)
Crucis
SDS Member
SDS Member

Previous

Return to Cosmic Starfire