Is a tidally locked Type T planet possible?

Discussions about Cosmic Starfire.

Moderators: SDS Members, SDS Owner

Forum rules
Cosmic Starfire is being designed by Fred Burton (aka 'Crucis'). Please direct all inquiries to him.

1. Nothing obscene.
2. No advertising or spamming.
3. No personal information. Mostly aimed at the posting of OTHER people's information.
4. No flame wars. We encourage debate, but it becomes a flame when insults fly and tempers flare.

Try to stick with the forum's topic. Threads that belong to another forum will be moved to that forum.

Re: Is a tidally locked Type T planet possible?

Postby aramis on Wed 03 Mar 2010 05:25

If it can support life, people will find a way to live there.

I'd not even worry about the HI differences... especially since even at over 6E9 people on earth, we still only use some 10% of the surface (about 30% of the land)...
aramis
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Re: Is a tidally locked Type T planet possible?

Postby BillW on Wed 05 May 2010 05:29

aramis wrote:If it can support life, people will find a way to live there.

I'd not even worry about the HI differences... especially since even at over 6E9 people on earth, we still only use some 10% of the surface (about 30% of the land)...

I agree that people would be able to live there, but I favor Crucis option B "TL'd Habitables being automatically defined as only "minimally habitable" environments, thus being considered as "Hostile" for all races."

With such a very narrow habitable band and such massive air flow between the day and night sides, I would expect very nasty weather in the habitable zone.
BillW
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Previous

Return to Cosmic Starfire