Rare Star Systems

Discussions about Cosmic Starfire.

Moderators: SDS Members, SDS Owner

Forum rules
Cosmic Starfire is being designed by Fred Burton (aka 'Crucis'). Please direct all inquiries to him.

1. Nothing obscene.
2. No advertising or spamming.
3. No personal information. Mostly aimed at the posting of OTHER people's information.
4. No flame wars. We encourage debate, but it becomes a flame when insults fly and tempers flare.

Try to stick with the forum's topic. Threads that belong to another forum will be moved to that forum.

Re: Rare Star Systems

Postby tmul4050 on Sun 06 Jan 2013 18:38

I don't suppose you know when the cosmic story background will be availiable? (hint hint) :)
tmul4050
Commander
Commander

Postby AlexeiTimoshenko on Sun 06 Jan 2013 18:48

I'm willing to be patient. The exchange of ideas and information here is keeping me glued to my computer.
Charles Rosenberg.

Alexei Timoshenko is the name of my protagonist in the fanfics, although I wish it could have been me.
AlexeiTimoshenko
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Postby Crucis on Sun 06 Jan 2013 19:15

tmul4050 wrote:I don't suppose you know when the cosmic story background will be available? (hint hint) :)

Sorry, I don't really know. The thing is that everythings just a jumble of loose ideas. I have one firm thing set, something involving the Pitariad and one of the new races, the Thanffa Unity.

Then there's likely to be some sort of really messy, complex conflict involving two of the new races, the Ossada (the final "da" is pronounced like "day", not "dah") and the Shoknavoon. Neither are really bad guys and neither are good guys. They've been at each other's throats seemingly forever, and there's no end in site. What happens when the Pitari, the Star Union and its Zarkolyan allies end up in the mix? Will they get dragged into the war? On what sides? (Even I'm not certain...)

I've got at least 2 races that I don't even begin to remember how I intend to use. I made up a bunch of races a while back, expecting that some may not make the cut later on. Here are some names for whatever it's worth ... the Sejadi, the Fer'aan, and the Entarans.

That's about all I can give you for now...
Crucis
SDS Member
SDS Member

Postby AlexeiTimoshenko on Sun 06 Jan 2013 21:18

I can see an entire series of novels about the conflicts and potential conflicts. Races that were adversaries uniting to face a common threat. Alliances that shatter of misunderstandings. A race looking for a way back to it's ancestral home (again) after contact is cut a 2nd time.
Charles Rosenberg.

Alexei Timoshenko is the name of my protagonist in the fanfics, although I wish it could have been me.
AlexeiTimoshenko
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Postby tmul4050 on Mon 07 Jan 2013 07:00

Actually I would like to see novels set in the early years, the 1st, 2nd and (especially) the 3rd ISW. So much potential for many stories.
But I think what is needed is a single, coherent timeline or history.
We seem to have drifted from the topic somewhat. :)
tmul4050
Commander
Commander

Previous

Return to Cosmic Starfire