An Announcement of Cosmic Proportions

Discussions about Cosmic Starfire.

Moderators: SDS Members, SDS Owner

Forum rules
Cosmic Starfire is being designed by Fred Burton (aka 'Crucis'). Please direct all inquiries to him.

1. Nothing obscene.
2. No advertising or spamming.
3. No personal information. Mostly aimed at the posting of OTHER people's information.
4. No flame wars. We encourage debate, but it becomes a flame when insults fly and tempers flare.

Try to stick with the forum's topic. Threads that belong to another forum will be moved to that forum.

Postby Crucis on Wed 20 Mar 2013 17:58

Hi everyone, I have an announcement to make. No, Cosmic isn’t done (unfortunately). But what I’m announcing at this time is a change in direction… a significant change.

One of the primary tenets of the Cosmic mandate from the start has been its adherence to the 3rd Edition canonical history. However, I’ve discovered that in spite of my love of that history, it’s become increasingly difficult for me to take Cosmic in the direction that I want it to go while retaining that strict adherence to the canon history.

So I’ve made a decision. I intend to drop my adherence to the canon history, and move forward in a new direction.

I want to make it abundantly clear at this time that Cosmic will still have a VERY STRONG 3rd Edition feel to it, just without the canon history. Cosmic will have its own history, its own story to tell. And that story will be the history of The Terran Commonwealth and its expansion into the galaxy, and its wars against hostile aliens, none of which will be Orions, Rigellians, Thebans, or Arachnids.

The underlying assumptions of this new setting and its technology will be slightly different. The old 3E tech tables and hull table will not be copied verbatim. Most of the familiar tech systems and weapons will exist, though there may be some tweaking along the way. And there will be some new tech as well.

There will undoubtedly be a number of tweaks and changes on the strategic side as well, though I'd prefer to not go into any detail at this type. I will say this ... Warp Points will remain what they have always been, the only means of interstellar travel.

But when all's said and done, Cosmic should still have a VERY STRONG 3rd Edition feel to it, which is still my goal.
Crucis
SDS Member
SDS Member

Return to Cosmic Starfire