Simplification of Desolate/Extreme populations

Discussions about Cosmic Starfire.

Moderators: SDS Members, SDS Owner

Forum rules
Cosmic Starfire is being designed by Fred Burton (aka 'Crucis'). Please direct all inquiries to him.

1. Nothing obscene.
2. No advertising or spamming.
3. No personal information. Mostly aimed at the posting of OTHER people's information.
4. No flame wars. We encourage debate, but it becomes a flame when insults fly and tempers flare.

Try to stick with the forum's topic. Threads that belong to another forum will be moved to that forum.

Re: Simplification of Desolate/Extreme populations

Postby Dawn Falcon on Wed 07 Nov 2012 21:43

Crucis wrote:I don't even know if it qualifies as part of the "Kuiper belt", but there are a number of dwarf planets out there. But unless there's something really, really special to be found on those little ice balls, I find it hard to believe that people would want to colonize such amazingly remote and dark places.

Given the drive field, yes. Because you can get to nicer places. Without that? Um.

But as this is Starfire, well :D
Dawn Falcon
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Re: Simplification of Desolate/Extreme populations

Postby AlexeiTimoshenko on Wed 07 Nov 2012 21:59

There is precedent in classic Sci Fi to at least utilize such remote objects. Joe Haldeman's The Forever War is a good example. In fact Haldeman predicted the existence of Kuiper belt objects about 20 years before the first was officially discovered.
Charles Rosenberg.

Alexei Timoshenko is the name of my protagonist in the fanfics, although I wish it could have been me.
AlexeiTimoshenko
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Previous

Return to Cosmic Starfire