Starfire novels

Starfire campaign histories, fan fiction, and talking about fiction.

Moderators: SDS Members, SDS Owner

Forum rules
Please post new fiction in a separate thread. The search engine can find all related fiction. Have fun! Just let us know who wins.

1. Nothing obscene.
2. No advertising or spamming.
3. No personal information. Mostly aimed at the posting of OTHER people's information.
4. No flame wars. We encourage debate, but it becomes a flame when insults fly and tempers flare.

Any Starfire-related fiction and campaign-related materials are welcomed here. Player submissions in this forum are the property and responsibility of the author.

Re: Starfire novels

Postby AlexeiTimoshenko on Tue 07 Sep 2010 22:19

Club wrote:I tend to agree. "Oh no, we don't understand the new aliens, and they're indifferent to losses" Is less than original. Add a 'human plot' largely soap, and a reliance on tech for 'tactical plot.'

The books I would want to see are the early ISWs, especially ISW 3. Doubt it's going to happen though.

I'm in the process of writing a novella covering Earth history primarily from FGE Hermes finding the Centauris warp point to the first battle of VX-134. Currently working on a first draft and my authors notes. I'm trying to be a faithful to existing canon as possible based mostly on the timeline from Nexus 6 and ISF. If time permits I'll try to post some of my authors notes including FGE/TFN survey ship data (designs based on original 3rd ed rules) and design philosophy as well as my rationale for changing some well known terms over the weekend. I may also try to post the prologue to the story which is heavily based on Weber's timelines. I'm writing this story as "future history" rather than an alternate universe so some events originally printed in Nexus 6 and ISF have been changed (ie. no lunar bases at Tycho/Copernicus and Russia replacing the Soviet Union in the Great Eastern War). This is my first attempt at creative writing on this scale ( longest previous project was about 10 pages for Warhammer 40k almost 6 years ago and that was hand written for a contest) so please try to bear with me.
Charles Rosenberg.

Alexei Timoshenko is the name of my protagonist in the fanfics, although I wish it could have been me.
AlexeiTimoshenko
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Extremis May 2011

Postby xzvfstarfire on Thu 09 Sep 2010 22:43

Amazon has Extemis available for pre-order with cover art. http://www.amazon.com/Extremis-N-Starfire-Steve-White/dp/1439134332 Looks like it is the sequel to Exodus.
xzvfstarfire
Lieutenant JG
Lieutenant JG

Re: Extremis May 2011

Postby dazrand on Sat 11 Sep 2010 18:33

xzvfstarfire wrote:Amazon has Extemis available for pre-order with cover art. http://www.amazon.com/Extremis-N-Starfire-Steve-White/dp/1439134332 Looks like it is the sequel to Exodus.

Hmm, estimated publication date is May 2011, so the manuscript hasn't even been turned in yet. Here is to hope they get it in on time.
dazrand
SDS Member
SDS Member

Previous

Return to Starfire Fiction