The Glorious Kobold Empire rises again!

Starfire campaign histories, fan fiction, and talking about fiction.

Moderators: SDS Members, SDS Owner

Forum rules
Please post new fiction in a separate thread. The search engine can find all related fiction. Have fun! Just let us know who wins.

1. Nothing obscene.
2. No advertising or spamming.
3. No personal information. Mostly aimed at the posting of OTHER people's information.
4. No flame wars. We encourage debate, but it becomes a flame when insults fly and tempers flare.

Any Starfire-related fiction and campaign-related materials are welcomed here. Player submissions in this forum are the property and responsibility of the author.

Re: The Glorious Kobold Empire rises again!

Postby aethelred on Tue 03 Sep 2013 17:29

Turn 32: Kobold News!

William Shatner arrested at Waynetech labs! The head of Empire security states:
For his role in the attempted coup, he is to be punnished by being strapped down to a chair and forced to watch SMURFS! (I was forced to watch this over the weekend now he has to! :evil: ) Shatner will also be forced to watch ALL of the Power Ranger episodes.

Meanwhile back at the lab (actually in the next room), Brain is again making adjustments to the master oscillator on the Model 9000 time clock.

Message from the exploration squadron:
(que Wagner's Flight of the Valkerie)
"Kill the Wabbit! Kill the Wabbit!"

The Fudds have been found.

"Wesistance is futile!"
aethelred
Commander
Commander

Postby AlexeiTimoshenko on Tue 03 Sep 2013 21:01

I see a chance to try the latest in Inator technology. The Carrot-Plasmainator. It will turn ordinary carrots into deadly balls of plasma.
Charles Rosenberg.

Alexei Timoshenko is the name of my protagonist in the fanfics, although I wish it could have been me.
AlexeiTimoshenko
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Postby aethelred on Fri 06 Sep 2013 22:41

Turn 35:
Finally made EL 4! yeah!
could not make a single roll to advance, had to max out rp :D
That meant a total revamp of fleet designs. CABf with Jb makes for a nice upgrade.
Not to mention every other ship class benifits 8-)
Here is an example of an FG swarm type ship that is finally worth building:

FGf [5]SSAAHsQJJJJZD(5xPgb)JJ (9/3) 26 HS, Jb, Qb
cost = 516.3/77.4
aethelred
Commander
Commander

Postby aethelred on Fri 13 Sep 2013 20:36

Whew! Just can't stand real life interference! :roll:
Don't they understand that Kobolds have important stuff to do?
Sheesh!
aethelred
Commander
Commander

Postby Albireo on Fri 18 Oct 2013 12:52

Vandervecken wrote:Easy example of datalink in action at a WP (The Gong CTs know the Mothra CL is coming and all are at Batlestations) using:

Gong Empire with 4 x 15 HS CT ships (Fb x2)
versus
Mothra Empire with 1 x 45 HS CL(Lb x 7)

without Datalink it would be after movement if Gong win initiative -
1) Gong CT fires its 2 Fb - both hit and do 6 points of damage at range 1, that gets thru the CL shields and into its armor.
2) Mothra CL fires its 7 Lb and 5 of them hit at range 1 (10 damage) which leaves one unfired CT with only Shields left (a wreck)
3) remaining 2 CT fire in any order and hit 3 of 4 times doing 9 damage which gets into the CL and takes out a 2 x Lb, It is hurt and in trouble but has scrapped a Gong CT

with Datalink it would be after movement if Gong win initiative -
1) 4 x Datalinked CT fire at CL - only 6 of the 8 Fb hit at range of 1 which is 18 points of damage. 18 points of damage goes deep into the Mothra CL and only 3 Lb are left.
2) Mothra CL fires its 3 Lb at one of the Gong CT, all three hit doing 6 points of damage, which hurts the CT but it can still move 2 with 1 engine, has a Qa left, as well as Lb x1. - [2] S x x x x x x Lb Qa (Ia) [2] Originally looked like [2] S A Za (Ia) H Lb (Ia) Lb Qa (Ia) [6]

You can see the big difference having Za had in this battle, the CL will probably not live to fire in the second scenario if the Gong get initiative and probably can only hurt another CT or finish off the already hurt one if it does get initiative. But in the 1st scenario the Mothra CL could live till the 3rd turn (with a few 9's and 0's rolled by the Gong, It could possibly even win) and hurt another CT badly before it dies. Heck, it could still wreck a second CT on the second combat turn if all 5 Lb hit and the CL got initiative. So the Mothra rued the day the Gong got Za tech.

Oh yea, that Za also gave the ship 1 more HTK besides the datalink ability, at the expense of an increased Cost in Build and Maintenance.

I am new here, and attempting my first post, and joining this discussion late. Wish me good luck. :!:

Here is a World War 2 approximate equivalent of Starfire Datalink.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Time_On_Target
Albireo
Captain
Captain

Previous

Return to Starfire Fiction