The Glorious Kobold Empire rises again!

Starfire campaign histories, fan fiction, and talking about fiction.

Moderators: SDS Members, SDS Owner

Forum rules
Please post new fiction in a separate thread. The search engine can find all related fiction. Have fun! Just let us know who wins.

1. Nothing obscene.
2. No advertising or spamming.
3. No personal information. Mostly aimed at the posting of OTHER people's information.
4. No flame wars. We encourage debate, but it becomes a flame when insults fly and tempers flare.

Any Starfire-related fiction and campaign-related materials are welcomed here. Player submissions in this forum are the property and responsibility of the author.

Re: The Glorious Kobold Empire rises again!

Postby aethelred on Wed 28 Aug 2013 22:56

Sorry, it's been a while since I have posted, been wrestling with excell, trying to figure out how to advance turns so it will do all the time based calculations.

Coming soon: skirmish between the Dwarves and Kobolds!
aethelred
Commander
Commander

Postby AlexeiTimoshenko on Thu 29 Aug 2013 17:27

We at ACME promise (wink wink) not to supply the Dwarves with Flame Cannons, Organ Guns, Gyro Copters etc.
Charles Rosenberg.

Alexei Timoshenko is the name of my protagonist in the fanfics, although I wish it could have been me.
AlexeiTimoshenko
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Postby aethelred on Thu 29 Aug 2013 23:05

AlexeiTimoshenko wrote:We at ACME promise (wink wink) not to supply the Dwarves with Flame Cannons, Organ Guns, Gyro Copters etc.

:shock:
aethelred
Commander
Commander

Postby aethelred on Fri 30 Aug 2013 13:56

Turn 30:
Kobold News!
Intercepted signal exchange between Cpt. Parmenter commanding F troop and Dwarven squadron commander.
Here is the transcript:
Dwarf commander: "Great horny toads! What are you flea bitten varmits a doin on my front porch!"

Cpt Parmenter: "Who are you? (to bridge crew) Did anyone understand what he said? Get the communications officer up here! Something must be wrong with our universal translator!"

Dwarf commander: "You great scaley faced galoot! I'm the loudest, toughest routinest tootinest riff raff that ever riffed a raff! Now answer my question or I ma gonna blast ya ta kindom come!"

After this last transmission, the two squadrons started to close in range rapidly, our reporter decided he had a very important appointment elsewhere.

Mean while, back at the lab with two mice whose genes were cut and spliced:
"Almost done with my modification to the ACME 9000 time clock Pinky. Then we will be ready for tonight!"
"Why what are we doing tonight Brain?"
"Guess"
aethelred
Commander
Commander

Postby aethelred on Fri 30 Aug 2013 16:30

Kobold forces, elements of F troop:

3xCTf- [3]SAJJQZPgPgPgJJ (8/2) Pga, Ja, Za
Kobolds have a +3 to all initiative rolls

Dwarven forces, elements of Yosemite Sam's squadron:

2xCT - [2]SSAAQIILLI (6/3) La, Ia
1xFG - [2]SAQIIPtPtQIII (5/2) Pta, Ia
aethelred
Commander
Commander

Postby Vandervecken on Fri 30 Aug 2013 17:06

If one of you don't get lucky, I think both the Kobolds and Y.Sam will consider getting magazines (Mg or Mgs) added to their next designs after they have fired their 10 shots. The Laser ships will not run out of ammo though but may have a hard time catching any relatively intact Kobold vessel. Let us know how this skirmish turns out!
I weary of the chasssse. Wait for me. I will be mercccciful and quick.
Vandervecken
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Postby SCC on Fri 30 Aug 2013 17:23

Actually as the only ship present that uses ammo based weapons is the FG with PTa I doubt that is likely to happen
SCC
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby AlexeiTimoshenko on Fri 30 Aug 2013 20:03

I wouldn't worry. Knowing Sam, the dragon that powers the PTa will have it's fire go out.

We at ACME have a new covert bio weapons program that may neutralize both the Dwarves and that pesky pair of mice. We would like to sell the Dwarves some of our cloned Mastodons. The we suggest you send Brain on a diplomatic mission to the Dwarven home system. Our research shows that the results should be rather unpleasant for both sides.
Charles Rosenberg.

Alexei Timoshenko is the name of my protagonist in the fanfics, although I wish it could have been me.
AlexeiTimoshenko
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Postby aethelred on Fri 30 Aug 2013 20:42

Turn 30 battle report:
All dwarven units destroyed. Their FG only got off 4 salvos before being gunned down.

Kobolds had one ship crippled and one damaged:
CT-1 SAJJQZPgPgPgJJ
CT-2 xxxxQZPgPgPgJJ
CT-3 xxxxxxxPgPgJJ

Send out the salvage cruiser!

The Kobolds only lost initiative once, it was a circling fight with the dwarves trying to keep the Kobold ships inside their firing arcs. With superior speed and initiative, the kobolds only had to absorb one uncontested salvo of PT. CT3 took the brunt of that hit.

Great fun! :D
aethelred
Commander
Commander

Postby aethelred on Fri 30 Aug 2013 20:44

AlexeiTimoshenko wrote:I wouldn't worry. Knowing Sam, the dragon that powers the PTa will have it's fire go out.

Dragons is soooo stupid! :lol:
aethelred
Commander
Commander

PreviousNext

Return to Starfire Fiction