How to Do New User Registrations

News and Announcements

Moderators: SDS Members, SDS Owner

How to Do New User Registrations

Postby Cralis on Sat 11 Feb 2012 01:54

This announcement is for guests who would like to register as a new user - I apologize that you can't find the 'new user' link.

I had to turn off registration because of spam bot exploits, and it will take more time than I have to upgrade and fix the issue. We are about to rebuild parts of the site for the new materials and during that process I will upgrade the forum and fix the registration issue.

If you email me at cralis@starfiredesign.com and let me know what email you want to register with, and what user name you'd like to have, I will setup a user account for you. I usually do this once or twice a day, so you won't have to wait long.

Thanks!
Cralis
SDS Member
SDS Member

Re: How to Do New User Registrations

Postby Cralis on Fri 30 Mar 2012 13:40

I noticed we have 16 guests on at this moment... I'm posting this as a reminder. Please email me at admin@starfiredesign.com or cralis@starfiredesign.com if you would like to register. You can read the reasons above.

As an FYI, we are looking at another way to rebuild the forum without losing anything or being down for the week it will take to reapply all the mods. I'll keep everyone updated on the plan when we decide if it will work.
Cralis
SDS Member
SDS Member

Postby tdh8192 on Sat 31 Mar 2012 18:29

Umm, yeah... one of those "guests" is sometimes me. You see, I visit this site mainly from my Nook so logging in using the on-screen keyboard can be a pain in the keister. My sausage-sized fingers don't help with the typing, either. Woe is me. :lol:
- Tom
tdh8192
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Postby Cralis on Mon 07 Apr 2014 22:49

I've re-enabled user registrations. The registration url should be in the upper right next to "Login".

We've had it open for a week and we've had one user registration and no bots able to register. So I'm leaving it open unless they find a way in...
Cralis
SDS Member
SDS Member

Postby LesMasters on Tue 08 Apr 2014 02:42

Hi, Cralis

I'm also a fairly frequent "guest" - mainly because I often don't look in until I'm at work, just to see if there's anything I want to read. I only login if I feel like replying to soemthing.

LesMasters
LesMasters
Captain
Captain

Postby Cralis on Tue 08 Apr 2014 15:15

no worries, analytics let me know a long time ago that some of our regulars don't always log in. :)

It's only the spambots I want to keep out! They hit our login page about 7000-9000 times a day...
Cralis
SDS Member
SDS Member

Postby Emeritus on Sun 04 Jun 2017 16:32

How do you put information on the members list? I want put my location - Phoenix-Queen Creek, Arizona. That way I can find players in this area
Emeritus
Shuttle Pilot
Shuttle Pilot

Return to Announcements