Final edition of the Quick Start Rules

News and Announcements

Moderators: SDS Members, SDS Owner

Final edition of the Quick Start Rules

Postby Cralis on Sun 24 Feb 2013 23:54

The Final edition of the Quick Start Rules has been added to the downloads section! This edition finally introduces warp points and bases to the new player... a tactical situation every STARFIRE player will repeatedly encounter.

http://www.starfiredesign.com/starfire/ ... .php?id=64
Cralis
SDS Member
SDS Member

Re: Final edition of the Quick Start Rules

Postby Vandervecken on Fri 01 Mar 2013 09:32

Thanks to all involved. I've sent a few copies to my Nephew, as he and his friend have played a game from Quick Start - Advanced sometime in January (while in direct competition from the new Magic Card Game expansion and the slightly less new PS3 games he got for X-mas). I haven't seen any of my daughters friend since before X-mas break as they all are involved in the Spring Play, USAT, student 'WE' movement that invaded us from Canada :o , and schoolwork. But I also made a few copies of the three Quick Start for a few older friend of mine as well; seeing if those rules can fan the spark that will get the gang to do more boardgaming and hopefully seed their desire to create a space empire. Before things get crazy with prep for my son's H.S. grad party, I hope to bring Starfire and the quick Start rules to the local gaming Hobby Shop in my area, and see if I can recruit a few new players, even if for only an afternoon.

All in all, you folk did a great job with the Quick Start Rules - nicely done.
I weary of the chasssse. Wait for me. I will be mercccciful and quick.
Vandervecken
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Re: Final edition of the Quick Start Rules

Postby procyon on Fri 01 Mar 2013 17:01

Vandervecken wrote: I hope to bring Starfire and the quick Start rules to the local gaming Hobby Shop in my area, and see if I can recruit a few new players, even if for only an afternoon.

The 17 year old is hoping to do that one weekend in our area. He is hoping to recruit a few buddies to play.

Now he is pushing me to try and rewrite the old SF (#1) ISW 1 scenarios for the QSR rules so he can have games to run.... :roll:

Kids....
...and I will show you fear in a handful of dust....

Cralis wrote:I would point out that the "what was" which is different from "here and now" can easily change in the "future then."
procyon
Sky Marshal
Sky Marshal

Return to Announcements