Forum Down Today

News and Announcements

Moderators: SDS Members, SDS Owner

Forum Down Today

Postby Cralis on Mon 07 Nov 2016 23:20

Early this morning it appears that a handful (about 6) topic records in the database were corrupted. The end result was that any forum page that had any topic information from the database would show up as a completely blank page (it is apparently a common response by PHPBB to problems like this).

It took some digging to find the problem. You can thank our shadowy board member grazi for actually finding the problem and finding the solution. The solution was to remove the corrupt topics from the database. Unfortunately, I'm not sure which topics were affected (or even which forums they came from).

If anyone has any questions or discovers which topics are missing, please mention them here so we (the posters) can recreate any missing information.

Thanks!
Cralis
SDS Member
SDS Member

Re: Forum Down Today

Postby southwestforests on Tue 08 Nov 2016 13:42

Cralis wrote: so we (the posters) can

Hmm ...
We the posters of the Starfire Community in order to form a more perfect forum, establish game rules, insure campaign quality, provide for the planetary defense force, promote recreational warfare, and secure the blessings of gameplay to ourselves and our posterity, do establish and ordain this community for the Starfire fan base.
:D :ugeek:
Screw the rivets, I build models for atmosphere, not detail
southwestforests
Commander
Commander

Location: Boonville, Missouri - a little antebellum burg on the Missouri River

Postby Cralis on Tue 08 Nov 2016 15:59

Oh that's awesome! It might just be a required part of the forum faq and/or rules :)
Cralis
SDS Member
SDS Member

Postby southwestforests on Tue 08 Nov 2016 16:32

Thanks! But don't blame me, blame my autism! :lol:
Screw the rivets, I build models for atmosphere, not detail
southwestforests
Commander
Commander

Location: Boonville, Missouri - a little antebellum burg on the Missouri River

Postby SCC on Sun 11 Dec 2016 01:50

Has this re-occurred? I've been having trouble with the forum all day, it seems like, for some reason, that the CSS for the forum is missing.
SCC
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby Cralis on Sun 11 Dec 2016 03:09

SCC wrote:Has this re-occurred? I've been having trouble with the forum all day, it seems like, for some reason, that the CSS for the forum is missing.

I'm just now getting to website after having spent all day working on various other projects... I haven't seen this at all today. But admittedly I didn't load it from probably noon until midnight.

I'll keep an eye on it and go look at the announcements from our service provider, they might have been having problems while I wasn't paying attention...
Cralis
SDS Member
SDS Member

Return to Announcements