Ordering Page Changes: Part 1

News and Announcements

Moderators: SDS Members, SDS Owner

Ordering Page Changes: Part 1

Postby Cralis on Tue 21 Feb 2017 01:43

The first of the planned updates has come to our ordering page!

First, we have added the Ultimate Starfire Package and the Legacy Package Download. These packages are the same as the CD purchase, but they are available as a download instead of a physical CD product.

Second, you may have noticed that we've removed the electronic versions of our Original Starfire products (1st and 2nd generation). That's because we are about to release them for sale on War Game Vault (http://www.wargamevault.com) and we are offering them exclusively through their service.

If this works successfully, and we can take advantage of their other services to offer more options to our players, then we will move other electronic-only products to WGV and keep our CD, package deals, and physical products for sale here on our website.

That's all for today, with more coming soon.
Cralis
SDS Member
SDS Member

Re: Ordering Page Changes: Part 1

Postby Whitecold on Tue 21 Feb 2017 12:15

I was about to ask if the ultimate package was available digitally, due to the silliness of sending a CD to Europe and then going through the trouble of finding a device which still has a physical drive, as I'd really like to check up what happened with smcft since ULTRA, besides checking up on the material of the books. (I like reading rule sets)
Whitecold
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Re: Ordering Page Changes: Part 1

Postby Cralis on Tue 21 Feb 2017 12:48

Yes! That's exactly the reason we made the packages available for download. We've had a number of players from Europe ask specifically for that reason.

Optical drives are still very common here in the United States. But in a twist of irony, I built a high-end computer to replace an aging computer on my desk and the case does not come with external access for optical drives. It is the first computer I've ever owned without an optical drive. When I buy an M-Disc drive for permanent backups, I'm going to need to buy a usb-connected external drive!
Cralis
SDS Member
SDS Member

Return to Announcements