Starfire Products now available on War Game Vault!

News and Announcements

Moderators: SDS Members, SDS Owner

Re: Starfire Products now available on War Game Vault!

Postby Cralis on Fri 03 Mar 2017 23:50

Xveers wrote:Come to think of it, so does Zazzle.... hey, you wouldn't be plotting somethign with them would you? :twisted:

I've looked over a great many products that they offer, but I haven't seen anything that was obvious to me could be used to make a map. I should be asking what YOU are plotting and/or have seen?!?
Cralis
SDS Member
SDS Member

Postby Xveers on Sat 04 Mar 2017 02:57

Cralis wrote:
Xveers wrote:Come to think of it, so does Zazzle.... hey, you wouldn't be plotting somethign with them would you? :twisted:

I've looked over a great many products that they offer, but I haven't seen anything that was obvious to me could be used to make a map. I should be asking what YOU are plotting and/or have seen?!?

Aha!

Well, let me link you to something I had purchased from them a while back : https://www.zazzle.ca/new_postermap_3rd_edition_high_frontier_nov_2015_poster-228522866334726293. It's a large-size map for the boardgame High frontier. And when I say Large, I mean 121 cm by 101 cm, printed on the Premium Canvas. That was bloody expensive, but it's very hard wearing, and damnned stunning. Of course with those options it's also about $200, but given size and materials not too shocking.

Say we cut it down to the a saner size, like 60.9 * 45 cm, the price is literally a quarter that (but then it is also a quarter the size). Go with a cheaper printing on the paper and you can halve the cost easily. I figure if you guys worked it out somewhat so you had the hexes the right size for a certian printing size, you could have POD hexmaps as you see fit. The only thing you'd want to do probably is see if Zazzle would let you restrict the poster sizes...
Xveers
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby Cralis on Sat 04 Mar 2017 14:20

Hmmm...
Cralis
SDS Member
SDS Member

Postby Xveers on Sat 04 Mar 2017 16:27

I just want to state the neither myself, Dollarton-Proxima Shipyards, or the deWulf Corporate State are responsible for anything that may come from this....
Xveers
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby nukesnipe on Sat 04 Mar 2017 16:46

Xveers,

You are an eveeeel person. I recently found the High Frontier miniatures on Shapeways, now you show me a spiffy THIRD EDITION map on Zazzle. And, I'm supposed to get my High Frontier Kickstarter in the hopefully-not-to-distant-future....

A one-piece Starfire 4-panel map would be so nice....
Regards,

Scott Chisholm
nukesnipe
Captain
Captain

Postby Xveers on Sat 04 Mar 2017 17:01

nukesnipe wrote:Xveers,

You are an eveeeel person. I recently found the High Frontier miniatures on Shapeways, now you show me a spiffy THIRD EDITION map on Zazzle. And, I'm supposed to get my High Frontier Kickstarter in the hopefully-not-to-distant-future....

Well, if it makes you feel any better, you just told me about the miniatures on Shapeways :P
Xveers
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby nukesnipe on Sun 05 Mar 2017 09:47

Xveers wrote:Well, if it makes you feel any better, you just told me about the miniatures on Shapeways :P

I guess turnabout is fair play.... ;)
Regards,

Scott Chisholm
nukesnipe
Captain
Captain

Previous

Return to Announcements