Numbered Hex Grid for MapTool (VTT)

General Starfire discussion, including information about old products and editions.

Moderators: SDS Members, SDS Owner

Forum rules
1. Nothing obscene.
2. No advertising or spamming.
3. No personal information. Mostly aimed at the posting of OTHER people's information.
4. No flame wars. We encourage debate, but it becomes a flame when insults fly and tempers flare.

Try to stick with the forum's topic. Threads that belong to another forum will be moved to that forum.

Numbered Hex Grid for MapTool (VTT)

Postby Skarn on Sun 03 Jun 2018 07:09

If anybody else here uses MapTool, I've created a numbered hex grid that does not use any Starfire IP, but which I expect should be suitable for any edition of the tactical game. At 48x33 (numbered), it is slightly larger than the old 6-part paper map (42x30).

The hex map also continues past the numbered grid if you prefer to allow for running battles.

This map was originally part of a larger project. As soon as I get the Game Aid Agreement(s) ironed out with SDS and a (hopefully affirmative) response from Aramis in his StarfireCounters font thread from the Original Starfire subforum, I'll be submitting two game aids for the official distribution area:
  1. A MapTool framework for 1st Edition, Starfire III: Empires, containing all of the starting maps required for a campaign. (The 6 starting systems; the Galactic Hex Chart; and the blank, numbered grid for tactical battles and newly explored systems)
  2. A collection of 1E/2E style ship tokens in PNG format suitable for (almost all) virtual tabletop systems. They are currently configured with TFN & KON background colors, but more empires can be easily added.
Skarn
Midshipman 2nd Class
Midshipman 2nd Class

Re: Numbered Hex Grid for MapTool (VTT)

Postby aramis on Sat 09 Jun 2018 12:41

Consider this your approval from me.
Just please give credit.
aramis
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Re: Numbered Hex Grid for MapTool (VTT)

Postby Tesuji on Sat 09 Jun 2018 15:55

Great to hear!

Currently I am also working on a programmatic template to create maps.
If done, I will also considering integrating the font types. Would be very useful, when creating scenarios.
Tesuji
Lieutenant JG
Lieutenant JG

Return to General