Shapeways Frosted Ultra Detail (FUD) Announcement

General Starfire discussion, including information about old products and editions.

Moderators: SDS Members, SDS Owner

Forum rules
1. Nothing obscene.
2. No advertising or spamming.
3. No personal information. Mostly aimed at the posting of OTHER people's information.
4. No flame wars. We encourage debate, but it becomes a flame when insults fly and tempers flare.

Try to stick with the forum's topic. Threads that belong to another forum will be moved to that forum.

Shapeways Frosted Ultra Detail (FUD) Announcement

Postby Cralis on Wed 10 May 2017 15:45

We have some big news regarding our Frosted Ultra Detail and Frosted Extreme Detail materials. Starting the week of May 22nd, we will be rolling out a new pricing structure for FUD.

Following the new pricing, we will introduce a new finish, Ready-to-Paint FUD, for easier painting and a way for you to control the 3D print orientation. With these, FUD will become even better material for scale modeling and miniatures.

What does the new pricing mean for you?

* 70% of all models printed in FUD will become cheaper. 10% will stay the same, and 20% will see a price increase.
* Startup costs are being cut in half, a win for t- and z-scale modelers.
* Many of the HO-scale and 28mm products become cheaper thanks to the lower model material cost.

What this means is that, in addition to the changes I'm already making, in 2 weeks I will be adjusting the prices (hopefully down!) for FUD, and looking into both the new FUD and setting the orientation for all of our models.

I will keep everyone informed as I go through the process of making all of these changes!
Cralis
SDS Member
SDS Member

Re: Shapeways Frosted Ultra Detail (FUD) Announcement

Postby nukesnipe on Thu 11 May 2017 06:47

My kid doesn't really need to finish college...
Regards,

Scott Chisholm
nukesnipe
Captain
Captain

Postby Cralis on Thu 11 May 2017 09:04

This should mean that the FUD cost for most of our models will go down. We shall see. Unfortunately they aren't giving us any time to see and adjust things before it hits.
Cralis
SDS Member
SDS Member

Postby nukesnipe on Thu 11 May 2017 10:42

I have to admit, I do like FUD. I just purchased some spaceship minis for another game in WSF-P and was somewhat underwhelmed. The sculpts were nice, but I don't think the material did them justice. But, FUD for them was stupid expensive.

I'll stick with FUD for my Starfire minis and gladly embrace any price reduction!
Regards,

Scott Chisholm
nukesnipe
Captain
Captain

Return to General