ORDERS

General Starfire discussion, including information about old products and editions.

Moderators: SDS Members, SDS Owner

Forum rules
1. Nothing obscene.
2. No advertising or spamming.
3. No personal information. Mostly aimed at the posting of OTHER people's information.
4. No flame wars. We encourage debate, but it becomes a flame when insults fly and tempers flare.

Try to stick with the forum's topic. Threads that belong to another forum will be moved to that forum.

ORDERS

Postby Starfire on Mon 20 Jul 2009 14:45

At present I do orders about once a week :( , so it can take a little while to get an orders.
I generally only accept paypal orders (no credit cards as the fees are too high).

ORDER PAYMENT

Orders are paid to MARVLAMB@COMCAST.NET. Please do not use other addresses.
Nerf rock, paper is fine. signed:Scissors.
Starfire
Marvin Lamb
Marvin Lamb

Re: ORDERS

Postby Club on Sat 08 Aug 2009 22:30

May I ask for clarification on your policy for having your products printed in dead tree format? The local Staples wants a letter, with official company letterhead, before they will print any PDFs, but I suspect that they might settle for a statement on the website.

Single copy personal use only, I presume
TAG: As I understand it, he sought to avoid turning one-point-six trillion Terran sophonts into undead, war-mongering super-soldiers.
Captain Tagon: It it wrong for me to think that would be pretty cool to watch?

http://www.schlockmercenary.com
Club
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Postby Xveers on Sun 09 Aug 2009 00:06

If Staples gives you crap, take your laptop to a Kinkos. The pricing isn't much worse, the color quality is excellent, and they won't look twice. Additional bonus, you can use their computer for a few minutes (they won't charge much at all) and then roll it off via that and not even have to bring the laptop.
Xveers
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby Starfire on Sun 09 Aug 2009 14:44

Yes, printing the PDF(s) is fine.
Single copy, personal use only please.

Marvin Lamb
Starfire Design Studio

PS: I might be able to look at putting that in the PDF in the introduction part.
Nerf rock, paper is fine. signed:Scissors.
Starfire
Marvin Lamb
Marvin Lamb

Postby GenChaos on Fri 15 Jan 2010 19:57

Hi. I had sent in a couple emails to ask about ordering (last week I think). I had not heard anything back so thought I'd try posting here.

Didn't know if I caught someone on vacation or something....

But my question were:

Tax due on orders?
Is there a way I can get Ultra on CD? Some of the people interested in playing don't have high speed connections so they may want a CD vs. email. I live in Lansing so could pick them up easily enough if necessary.

Thanks.
GenChaos
Lieutenant SG
Lieutenant SG

Postby Cralis on Sat 16 Jan 2010 13:23

GenChaos wrote:Hi. I had sent in a couple emails to ask about ordering (last week I think). I had not heard anything back so thought I'd try posting here.

Didn't know if I caught someone on vacation or something....

But my question were:

Tax due on orders?
Is there a way I can get Ultra on CD? Some of the people interested in playing don't have high speed connections so they may want a CD vs. email. I live in Lansing so could pick them up easily enough if necessary.

Thanks.

Due to low volume and some other factors, Marvin processes orders roughly every 7-10 days. You should be hearing back from him really soon. The taxes and delivery options Marvin will have to deal with.

But I can answer the other questions. Yes! If you look on the ordering page you can see about halfway down the "CD-R OPTION" which is getting the files on CD-R. I believe you get some other electronic files as a bonus with that option. There are several programs/electronic documents that have this option.

If there are any other problems, please email myself at webmaster@starfiredesign.com.
Cralis
SDS Member
SDS Member

ORDERS Fulfillment

Postby GenChaos on Tue 23 Feb 2010 16:29

Well, I am not normally one to be the problem child on a forum, but I guess it's my turn.

I had sent in some questions some time back about ordering the newest StarFire rules from SDS. Having failed to receive a response, I posted on this forum after which I got the answers that I was looking for. Therefore, I guess I am returning in the hopes that a more public appeal will grant me the answers I'm looking for now.

I sent in an actual order for the StarFire Ultra rules on CD on the 23rd of January. After waiting two weeks and receiving no indication that my order had been received or processed, I sent another email asking about it. The response I received was brief but at least let me know that while my email regarding the order was received, the email regarding the payment might not have been. That I could understand.

I immediately sent back information regarding the order number that PayPal gave for the order. After that, and despite a small number of follow up emails, I have received no indication that my payment has been confirmed, not confirmed, or even checked on. PayPal indicates to me that the payment was indeed received.

I understand that SDS is a small operation compared to many companies. However, I would expect some sort of indication that SDS really takes customers seriously. After 30 days, I would think that SDS would at least confirm that they have received my payment and failing any emails from Paypal to them, I would think that they would follow up on the order confirmation number I have from Paypal (which, as I wrote above, I sent promptly on learning of the missing PayPal email). Neither appears to have happened. To be sure, SDS has not been kind enough to return my queries (and I have not bombarded them with emails - I have sent three in the last two weeks having failed to get a response at all).

Does SDS actually sell products anymore? I would expect that they do since the website seems to indicate so. So, do they just not want to sell to me, and if so why? Can someone help me with this please? The only alternative I have is to file a complaint with PayPal and pursue that to get my money back, but I would rather not if possible.

Looking at this forum, I do not see large numbers of complaints, and I am hoping my experience here is an anomaly.
That being said, this experience has been something of a disappointment so far.

Thanks.
GenChaos
Lieutenant SG
Lieutenant SG

Postby Cralis on Thu 25 Feb 2010 21:32

GenChaos,

After seeing this message I contacted Marvin and asked him if he could find some time to track down the problem. My understanding is that he was able to resolve the issue (something about the paypal email being in the wrong folder among hundreds of other emails) last night and sent you your order. If there are any further problems, please email or private message me and I will help.

Marvin has been tremendously busy with his personal life and he has left the running of the website and product work to the SDS (we are all volunteers more or less). Since Marvin is the only person with access and authority to do the orders and legal stuff, there has been a slight choke point for the last couple months.

We have not had any real issues until this point and I apologize, and want to reassure you and everyone else that we are working to prevent any orders from falling through the cracks in the future. After speaking with Marvin we are going to try and change a few things to make things work a little smoother in the future.

There are some great things coming along the year and I'd hate for you to miss it. So please, let me know if there is anything else I can do to help.
Cralis
SDS Member
SDS Member

Postby GenChaos on Sat 27 Feb 2010 16:37

Well, all has ended well. I picked up my disc of rules and the like on Thursday. So, other than the odd delay, all has worked out. Cralis went to some effort to assure me that he would look into this and Marvin got ahold of me by email to arrange for me to pick up the order (which was the way I had wanted to do initially).

Now on to reading through the rules and seeing what I can add to our campaign.

Thanks for your help.
GenChaos
Lieutenant SG
Lieutenant SG

Postby MWadwell on Sat 31 Jul 2010 00:26

One quick question....

I noticed that with Marvin's work PC dead (as announced on the 26th July), that the ordering is temporarily down.

I was wondering if we had an ETA as to when we'd be able to place some more orders?

Later,
Matt
MWadwell
Midshipman 2nd Class
Midshipman 2nd Class

Next

Return to General