ORDERS

General Starfire discussion, including information about old products and editions.

Moderators: SDS Members, SDS Owner

Forum rules
1. Nothing obscene.
2. No advertising or spamming.
3. No personal information. Mostly aimed at the posting of OTHER people's information.
4. No flame wars. We encourage debate, but it becomes a flame when insults fly and tempers flare.

Try to stick with the forum's topic. Threads that belong to another forum will be moved to that forum.

Re: ORDERS

Postby Cralis on Tue 04 Jan 2011 18:17

About AC: Marvin took an 11 day vacation for Christmas that I forgot to post to the news. I'm going to do that here in a few minutes to let everyone know that if they ordered in the last week or so he'll be getting to your orders ASAP.

I personally have not used Marvin's shipyard, but there are a number of folks on here that do. You might do a search for other questions about shipyard...I don't recall if anyone else has asked about a problem like that. PracticalM? Bill? Anyone know how to fix this problem?
Cralis
SDS Member
SDS Member

Postby BillW on Tue 11 Jan 2011 09:49

Cralis wrote:I personally have not used Marvin's shipyard, but there are a number of folks on here that do. You might do a search for other questions about shipyard...I don't recall if anyone else has asked about a problem like that. PracticalM? Bill? Anyone know how to fix this problem?

I haven't been able to get the old Shipyard to work on my new computer, although I haven't put a lot of time into it. Sorry, no help from me :(
BillW
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby PracticalM on Wed 12 Jan 2011 13:05

I'm a mac guy. The times I've had it working were either on a Window Partition using Boot Camp with XP or on older computers.
--
Jeffrey Kessler
PracticalM
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby storeylf on Mon 01 Aug 2011 12:13

Hi - After starfire came up in conversation the other week our local group had a few tactical games using my old 3rd edition set. Subsequently I found this site and ordered the pdf version (digital version or whatever) of ultra starfire about 11 days ago. I've yet to recieve anything.

Any chance of someone chasing this up. I was really hoping to have a good read before this weeks gaming session.

Thanks.

Lee
storeylf
Shuttle Pilot
Shuttle Pilot

Postby Cralis on Mon 01 Aug 2011 12:46

storeylf wrote:Hi - After starfire came up in conversation the other week our local group had a few tactical games using my old 3rd edition set. Subsequently I found this site and ordered the pdf version (digital version or whatever) of ultra starfire about 11 days ago. I've yet to recieve anything.

Any chance of someone chasing this up. I was really hoping to have a good read before this weeks gaming session.

Thanks.

Lee

Sir,

I promised you in email last week that I would contact Marvin and find out if he'd been delayed due to work - which he had - and I just talked to him again. Since we only process orders once a week and this week was exceptionally busy he had to push it off.

We are working on putting in an e-commerce system that will automatically give access to electronic documents and to mail CD products as soon as they are ordered, so this won't be a problem. We've been playing around with it for a while but we will have it out before ULTRA 2 arrives (which is very soon!)

EDIT: I had a message about someone else who had a response back from Marvin, but that was in error. As I was talking to Marvin he realized he was looking at the WRONG email. Oops. Since I'm talking to him right now he said he will process your order immediately.
Cralis
SDS Member
SDS Member

Postby storeylf on Mon 01 Aug 2011 12:50

OH - something's wrong then, I got your mail saying he promised to do it over the weekend, but I've had nothing since.

I'll go check it hasn't been spam blocked or whatever.

Thanks.

Lee

[edit]Mmm - looks like you changed your reply whilst I was typing mine.
storeylf
Shuttle Pilot
Shuttle Pilot

Postby Cralis on Mon 01 Aug 2011 12:53

Yikes, you were fast on the response. I changed my message mid-stream so you might want to go back and read it again...

That makes TWO big priorities for the website:
A> upgrade phpBB so I can use the stopforumspam spam bot blocker
B> stop toying with the new e-commerce system, fixes the bugs I'm having, and put it out already.

Goes with: Ultra 2 and two surprises we are working on. Surprises? Did I say that out loud?

Edit: yeah, I'm bad about that =\ I'm more used to email even though I've been using this for a couple years... of course, few people respond as quickly as you did!
Cralis
SDS Member
SDS Member

Postby storeylf on Mon 01 Aug 2011 12:56

Coincidence. I haven't really been sat here since your mail on saturday staring at the screen awaiting something. Well maybe nearly like that, but I did sleep I promise :D
storeylf
Shuttle Pilot
Shuttle Pilot

Postby Cralis on Mon 01 Aug 2011 13:05

LOL

Thanks, I needed that laugh today :)
Cralis
SDS Member
SDS Member

Postby tdh8192 on Wed 03 Aug 2011 17:04