ORDERS

General Starfire discussion, including information about old products and editions.

Moderators: SDS Members, SDS Owner

Forum rules
1. Nothing obscene.
2. No advertising or spamming.
3. No personal information. Mostly aimed at the posting of OTHER people's information.
4. No flame wars. We encourage debate, but it becomes a flame when insults fly and tempers flare.

Try to stick with the forum's topic. Threads that belong to another forum will be moved to that forum.

Re: ORDERS

Postby Cralis on Wed 03 Aug 2011 18:36

Actually, sorta. I've been thinking about regular update cycles after we get this long one completed. Since we are moving to new formats and new material, this one is taking FOREVER. After this there will be regular cycles of updates. Heck, we already have material we are sitting on for the next couple of updates :)
Cralis
SDS Member
SDS Member

Postby krenshala on Wed 03 Aug 2011 23:09

tdh8192 wrote:Ultra 2? Pfttt... I'm waiting for Ultra 3. Any ETA on that? Image

At the rate we're currently going ... shortly after NASA gets more boots on Luna. :lol:
-- krenshala
None survive the harvest!

Yeah, I'm finally back (again)! Sometimes, life (and 9yo son's) don't leave you time to play SF and earn a paycheck. :/

No, really! Matt actually made me an admin here!
krenshala
SDS Member
SDS Member

Postby Cralis on Thu 04 Aug 2011 00:00

Speaking of which, where is that cover art? :-)
Cralis
SDS Member
SDS Member

Postby procyon on Sat 06 Aug 2011 02:29

tdh8192 wrote:Ultra 2? Pfttt... I'm waiting for Ultra 3. Any ETA on that? Image

krenshala wrote:At the rate we're currently going ... shortly after NASA gets more boots on Luna.

:cry:
...and I will show you fear in a handful of dust....

Cralis wrote:I would point out that the "what was" which is different from "here and now" can easily change in the "future then."
procyon
Sky Marshal
Sky Marshal

Postby Cralis on Sat 06 Aug 2011 09:37

You know what, I'll give an update.

We have 10+ major revisions, 15 pages (10 pt Calibri Font) of moderate and minor revisions, and 6 pages of typos to correct.

We have completed 3 or 4 major revisions, 14 pages of the moderate revisions, and all of the typos. We are probably going to push the rest of the major revisions until the next version, but the plan (for my anyway) is to finish the moderate revisions and pass them to Daz for final assembly. At that point we'll add the completed major revisions and make a proofreading version.

In other words, NASA must be about to launch their moon expedition. We aren't that far away now. There is still a LOT to be done, but we are MUCH MUCH closer.
Cralis
SDS Member
SDS Member

Postby krenshala on Sat 06 Aug 2011 10:12

I was referring to ULTRA3 ...

... ULTRA2.5 will be much sooner. ;)
-- krenshala
None survive the harvest!

Yeah, I'm finally back (again)! Sometimes, life (and 9yo son's) don't leave you time to play SF and earn a paycheck. :/

No, really! Matt actually made me an admin here!
krenshala
SDS Member
SDS Member

Postby godsgopher on Mon 23 Jan 2012 00:49

I'm very excited to hear that things while slow are still moving. I'm saving Christmas money just for you guys so I can have a copy of Ultra 2 when it releases.

I'm also very eager to get a hold of a copy as I do plan to continue work on my Starfire Throne campaign setting. I have holding off continuing work as I wanted a full updated rule set to work from and didn't wish to invest 50$ with Ultra 2 right around the corner? Hopefully once I get a copy and can digest the rules I can return to work on my idea which I "hope" will be well received. I'm also considering several additional counter sheets for new ship styles, but I want them to be in line with ULTRA 2 instead of old 3rd Edition.
godsgopher
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Postby Cralis on Mon 23 Jan 2012 01:24

godsgopher wrote:I'm very excited to hear that things while slow are still moving. I'm saving Christmas money just for you guys so I can have a copy of Ultra 2 when it releases.

I'm also very eager to get a hold of a copy as I do plan to continue work on my Starfire Throne campaign setting. I have holding off continuing work as I wanted a full updated rule set to work from and didn't wish to invest 50$ with Ultra 2 right around the corner? Hopefully once I get a copy and can digest the rules I can return to work on my idea which I "hope" will be well received. I'm also considering several additional counter sheets for new ship styles, but I want them to be in line with ULTRA 2 instead of old 3rd Edition.

I'm going to say that you won't be waiting much longer :) We are probably days from announcing the actual release date, and that date won't be far behind.
Cralis
SDS Member
SDS Member

Postby Tregonsee on Wed 25 Jan 2012 12:37

Cralis/Marvin:

I have looked at the order page and I noticed that the "Ultimate Package" states that it has 'all' nexus and EC articles, but the "Legacy CD" only mentions having nexus and EC. Is there a difference? Or is it that the Ultimate Package has EC/nexus articles for non-Legacy products?
Tregonsee
Lieutenant SG
Lieutenant SG

Postby Cralis on Wed 25 Jan 2012 14:48

Tregonsee wrote:Cralis/Marvin:

I have looked at the order page and I noticed that the "Ultimate Package" states that it has 'all' nexus and EC articles, but the "Legacy CD" only mentions having nexus and EC. Is there a difference? Or is it that the Ultimate Package has EC/nexus articles for non-Legacy products?

There was only one run of Electronic Communique (EC) and one run of Nexus. I wrote that, so it's my bad for making it less clear. BOTH include ALL of the articles. I'll fix that when I get home from work.
Cralis
SDS Member
SDS Member

PreviousNext

Return to General