Information about the Rigellians

Discussions related to the official Classic Starfire history by David Weber and Steve White.

Moderators: SDS Members, SDS Owner, Starfire Authors

Re: Information about the Rigellians

Postby AlexeiTimoshenko on Wed 15 Aug 2012 01:07

Some of the SaW scenarios are updates of older material from Nexus ore earlier editions of the game. Those early versions were purely tactical level whereas the SaW versions made use of the system level scale.
Charles Rosenberg.

Alexei Timoshenko is the name of my protagonist in the fanfics, although I wish it could have been me.
AlexeiTimoshenko
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Postby Rigelian12 on Thu 30 Aug 2012 16:01

I like the tactical side better, I played some campaigns in imperial Star Fire, the story flows better in 2nd ed. Though I like the reading the backgrounds of the scenarios. This material is important to me, as I am writing a scenarios based on a Rigelian rise to power through rebuilding and conquest. I've written the 1st draft of the scenarios ,but made them to one sided. Will finally finish 2nd draft soon. The khanate make a comeback, without the terrans help. As the khanate had destroyed a Terran fleet years before.
Rigelian12
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Postby AlexeiTimoshenko on Thu 30 Aug 2012 20:26

The campaign does flow better in 2nd Ed. It's not that hard to make a hybrid system though. Use 3rd ed for the tactical side and 2nd ed for the strategic especially the 2nd ed survey rules. The downside of 2nd ed was the "pocket" sized star systems that were in the scenarios. Short of truly massive battles where fleets could be spread over several interception/system hexes, the system level map works fine.
Charles Rosenberg.

Alexei Timoshenko is the name of my protagonist in the fanfics, although I wish it could have been me.
AlexeiTimoshenko
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Postby Rigelian12 on Sun 02 Sep 2012 15:57

The only ed. I have is imperial star fire, I've sent away for ultimate cd, with some different versions of star fire on it, i wish it had the very original versions of starfire on it, maybe in the future they will be available. I like all the history of star fire. Love reading what is different about each version of star fire.
Rigelian12
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Postby AlexeiTimoshenko on Sun 02 Sep 2012 17:10

The biggest change from 2nd to 3rd eds at the tactical level was going from a 2d6 system to a d10 system. The strategic level got more complex. System generation has more variability although no trinary systems until Insurrection was released. Engine rules evolved making larger ships harder to kill. The history though is consistent in the first three editions.
Charles Rosenberg.

AlexeiTimoshenko
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Postby southwestforests on Sun 02 Sep 2012 21:39

AlexeiTimoshenko wrote:... most of the fleet would prefer to nuke first and ask questions later.
That's probably a wise outlook given that the Rigelians prefer to nuke first and never ask questions.
Screw the rivets, I build models for atmosphere, not detail
southwestforests
Commander
Commander

Location: Boonville, Missouri - a little antebellum burg on the Missouri River

Postby AlexeiTimoshenko on Mon 03 Sep 2012 05:58

southwestforests wrote:That's probably a wise outlook given that the Rigelians prefer to nuke first and never ask questions.

They asked themselves, " What's the best way to destroy an enemy population? Nukes or Kinetic bombardment?"
Charles Rosenberg.

AlexeiTimoshenko
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Postby Rigelian12 on Fri 21 Sep 2012 16:49

I've got the backgrounds, and interludes written. Nothing like star at war interludes. It like strikefighters, star fire 2.
I am writing a background story. Explaining their new rise to power. It will hopefully get the approval of the starfire community.
Rigelian12
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Postby AlexeiTimoshenko on Fri 21 Sep 2012 17:27

As long as you're not using existing characters you should be ok.
Charles Rosenberg.

AlexeiTimoshenko
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Postby Rigelian12 on Fri 21 Sep 2012 20:21

Hi there,

Just using 1 name as a reference otherwise all new characters.

Also the reference will only be mentioned twice.

Al other parts of the story will be made up by myself.

Just a question on the exact location of the colony worlds found in 2348.
Rigelian12
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PreviousNext

Return to [Official] Classic Starfire History