Information about the Rigellians

Discussions related to the official Classic Starfire history by David Weber and Steve White.

Moderators: SDS Members, SDS Owner, Starfire Authors

Re: Information about the Rigellians

Postby AlexeiTimoshenko on Sat 22 Sep 2012 05:48

That one I can't answer.

I did have Howard Anderson in my stories, but not as an active character. He was the story teller. The only other existing character that I even referenced was Irina Riva y Silva. That was only because one of my characters was an ancestor and she had access to documents that Howard Anderson used to tell the story.
Charles Rosenberg.

Alexei Timoshenko is the name of my protagonist in the fanfics, although I wish it could have been me.
AlexeiTimoshenko
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Postby Cralis on Sat 22 Sep 2012 13:27

For the record, fan fiction can be and do whatever they want as long as they don't publish any stories with other IP in it (i.e. Weber's characters).

Having said that, based on his explanation I doubt he'd have a problem anyway.
Cralis
SDS Member
SDS Member

Postby AlexeiTimoshenko on Sat 22 Sep 2012 20:54

One of these days I have time to get back to posting fiction. It's tough though when I'm putting in 60 hour weeks at work.
Charles Rosenberg.

Alexei Timoshenko is the name of my protagonist in the fanfics, although I wish it could have been me.
AlexeiTimoshenko
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Postby Rigelian12 on Sat 06 Oct 2012 07:14

Hi all,

Just found out some more information about Rigelians
"On a few planets were they now existed, closely watched by orbital weapons
Platforms under standing orders to obliterate anything more advanced than a steam engine
Or a black powder muzzleloader artillery piece or gun.
Rigelian12
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Postby AlexeiTimoshenko on Sat 06 Oct 2012 19:29

I can see a situation where there are still closed wp's that the Alliance has missed. A good example would be a Shanak type system. The Alliance survey ships enter through a closed wp and fail to detect the 2nd closed wp. Place a Rigellian colony on the far side of the 2nd closed wp and let them advance over the decades from a steam age society to rediscovering space flight. Then have another species find them in a Losoti type scenario.
Charles Rosenberg.

AlexeiTimoshenko
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Postby Rigelian12 on Sun 07 Oct 2012 00:13

I had in mind a hidden part of the rigelian empire. That didn't get involve with the war.
Rigelian12
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Postby AlexeiTimoshenko on Sun 07 Oct 2012 05:02

Rigelian12 wrote:I had in mind a hidden part of the rigelian empire. That didn't get involve with the war.

That would fit with the scenario I described.
Charles Rosenberg.

AlexeiTimoshenko
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Postby Rigelian12 on Sun 18 Nov 2012 23:11

Hi Alexei,

My story seems to have stalled on explaining how the Rigelian Empire could not be involved in the war. I've had about 5 different ways. And I still think a destablized WP. Would work. But some people didn't like that idea. I am open to suggestions by the Star Fire community on this one area of the story.
Rigelian12
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Postby Cralis on Mon 19 Nov 2012 02:03

Rigelian12 wrote:My story seems to have stalled on explaining how the Rigelian Empire could not be involved in the war. I've had about 5 different ways. And I still think a destablized WP. Would work. But some people didn't like that idea. I am open to suggestions by the Star Fire community on this one area of the story.

I'm not going to read the previous posts to this topic, but a destabilized WP seems like a really good candidate to me. You can either explain how it happened or leave it as a mystery. Another possibility is that the WP may have destabilized and the cut-off Rigellians may not even know that a war took place!

There are lots of things you can do with it. I say you do what you want, and we'll read it anyway :)
Cralis
SDS Member
SDS Member

Postby AlexeiTimoshenko on Mon 19 Nov 2012 04:32

I like the destabilized wp idea. Since both ends are affected, the actual instability could be on the far end. It would explain why the Rigellian Empire didn't take part in the war and was missed by the allies.
Charles Rosenberg.

AlexeiTimoshenko
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

PreviousNext

Return to [Official] Classic Starfire History