Romanian ducted fan vectored thrust drone saucer

Every discussion that doesn't have a home gets thrown into the Starless Void. Posters included.

Moderators: SDS Members, SDS Owner

Forum rules
1. Nothing obscene.
2. No advertising or spamming.
3. No personal information. Mostly aimed at the posting of OTHER people's information.
4. No flame wars. We encourage debate, but it becomes a flame when insults fly and tempers flare.

More than likely if your thread got moved, it got moved here. It is highly unlikely that a topic in the starless void can attain enough velocity to escape this sub-forum's event horizon.

Romanian ducted fan vectored thrust drone saucer

Postby southwestforests on Tue 26 Mar 2019 01:16

From the famous "came across this while looking at/for something else" file, this Romanian ducted fan vectored thrust drone saucer can do some interesting maneuvers.
https://vimeo.com/325883719
ADIFO presentation movie
3 days ago
The ADIFO name comes from All Direction Flying Object. ADIFO is the first flying VTOL aircraft in the world, able to fly in all directions, under the same aerodynamics characteristics. Actually, ADIFO is a special circular wing with high flight performances. Let's say that is the first "flying saucer" in the world which really flies and it's designed to reach in the near future more and more high performances, pretty close to the performances described in the popular culture related to such kind of aircraft. Partners for future developments are welcome! adifoaircraft.com
Screw the rivets, I build models for atmosphere, not detail
southwestforests
Captain
Captain

Location: Boonville, Missouri - a little antebellum burg on the Missouri River

Re: Romanian ducted fan vectored thrust drone saucer

Postby Cralis on Tue 26 Mar 2019 13:42

So now we know how the grays are doing it!!

(very cool)
Cralis
SDS Member
SDS Member

Re: Romanian ducted fan vectored thrust drone saucer

Postby southwestforests on Tue 26 Mar 2019 23:09

:D
Some Google translations from a Romanian article I finally found. No, I don't know the language my self.
Romanian engineer Răzvan Sabie and head of the "Aerodynamics Theoretical" Department at the Aviation Institute in Bucharest, Iosif Ţăposu, have developed a demonstration flight instrument that has the form of a "flying saucer".

The prototype of the Romanian disk-shaped aircraft, ADIFO, has a diameter of 1.2 meters and ...

The large device, if its development is successful, will have turbojet engines instead of tail fans and will be able to make stable flights at transonic and supersonic speeds.

https://translate.google.com/translate? ... rev=search
Screw the rivets, I build models for atmosphere, not detail
southwestforests
Captain
Captain

Location: Boonville, Missouri - a little antebellum burg on the Missouri River

Return to The Starless Void