Announcing the release of SOLAR STARFIRE v6.02

Every discussion that doesn't have a home gets thrown into the Starless Void. Posters included.

Moderators: SDS Members, SDS Owner

Forum rules
1. Nothing obscene.
2. No advertising or spamming.
3. No personal information. Mostly aimed at the posting of OTHER people's information.
4. No flame wars. We encourage debate, but it becomes a flame when insults fly and tempers flare.

More than likely if your thread got moved, it got moved here. It is highly unlikely that a topic in the starless void can attain enough velocity to escape this sub-forum's event horizon.

Re: Announcing the release of SOLAR STARFIRE v6.02

Postby wievil on Wed 17 Jul 2013 09:37

I emailed the orders address for my 6.2 upgrade and later got an email. I don't check that email every day and the link to download the update had expired.

:cry:
wievil
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander
 
Posts: 62
Joined: Mon 01 Feb 2010 23:08
Location: Augusta, GA

Re: Announcing the release of SOLAR STARFIRE v6.02

Postby Cralis on Wed 17 Jul 2013 19:31

wievil wrote:I emailed the orders address for my 6.2 upgrade and later got an email. I don't check that email every day and the link to download the update had expired.

:cry:


I've emailed it to you twice now I think. If you are expecting a reply with something that has a time limit, you might check it every day until it comes :)
Image
User avatar
Cralis
SDS Member
SDS Member
 
Posts: 10201
Joined: Tue 30 Jun 2009 19:27
Location: Oregon, USA

Re: Announcing the release of SOLAR STARFIRE v6.02

Postby Club on Thu 18 Jul 2013 01:37

I'm not sure what the issue is, but acrobat really doesn't like the file you guys sent me. The only thing I've seen act similar is a ten year old computer trying to display a 200mb file, which considering that I've got a new machine running a very small file is weird.

The comp had to think about it for well over fifteen seconds before displaying the cover page picture.

It's still readable, just reporting an odd experience.
TAG: As I understand it, he sought to avoid turning one-point-six trillion Terran sophonts into undead, war-mongering super-soldiers.
Captain Tagon: It it wrong for me to think that would be pretty cool to watch?

http://www.schlockmercenary.com
Club
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
 
Posts: 464
Joined: Sun 02 Aug 2009 15:43
Location: Vancouver, Canada

Re: Announcing the release of SOLAR STARFIRE v6.02

Postby wievil on Thu 18 Jul 2013 14:44

Cralis wrote:I've emailed it to you twice now I think. If you are expecting a reply with something that has a time limit, you might check it every day until it comes :)


Wasn't expecting a link with a time limit. :o Never was sent anything other than an attachment before. :?

I've only recieved the one order reply last Friday. Nothing seen since. :oops:
wievil
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander
 
Posts: 62
Joined: Mon 01 Feb 2010 23:08
Location: Augusta, GA

Re: Announcing the release of SOLAR STARFIRE v6.02

Postby Cralis on Thu 18 Jul 2013 21:11

Club wrote:I'm not sure what the issue is, but acrobat really doesn't like the file you guys sent me. The only thing I've seen act similar is a ten year old computer trying to display a 200mb file, which considering that I've got a new machine running a very small file is weird.

The comp had to think about it for well over fifteen seconds before displaying the cover page picture.

It's still readable, just reporting an odd experience.


I had that happen with the original image... it's huge. Maybe it got uncompressed or something? I'll look into it.

wievil wrote:Wasn't expecting a link with a time limit. :o Never was sent anything other than an attachment before. :?

I've only recieved the one order reply last Friday. Nothing seen since.


Hmmmm. Ok, well I'm sending you another here in a minute or two. Just remember to check your email :)
Image
User avatar
Cralis
SDS Member
SDS Member
 
Posts: 10201
Joined: Tue 30 Jun 2009 19:27
Location: Oregon, USA

Re: Announcing the release of SOLAR STARFIRE v6.02

Postby nukesnipe on Tue 22 Sep 2015 14:18

Uh...

This is kind of embarrassing. How do you figure out which version of SSF you have? The Credit section of my copy has the line "Special Credit for SOLAR STARFIRE version 6.02.201301", and each page has the footer "SSF-201307".

I'm thinking I'm behind on an update or two... :oops:
Regards,

Scott Chisholm
nukesnipe
Captain
Captain
 
Posts: 233
Joined: Wed 28 Oct 2009 17:06
Location: Cresson, TX

Re: Announcing the release of SOLAR STARFIRE v6.02

Postby dazrand on Sat 26 Sep 2015 10:08

During production we ended up using two different identifiers for the versions of the rules. The main one is 6.02 and represents the version. The SSF-201307 is more of a build version of 6.02 and shows roughly when it published.

The current release is the one you have, 6.02.
User avatar
dazrand
SDS Member
SDS Member
 
Posts: 1412
Joined: Sat 08 Aug 2009 06:06
Location: South Florida

Re: Announcing the release of SOLAR STARFIRE v6.02

Postby Cralis on Sat 26 Sep 2015 11:48

dazrand wrote:During production we ended up using two different identifiers for the versions of the rules. The main one is 6.02 and represents the version. The SSF-201307 is more of a build version of 6.02 and shows roughly when it published.


One is the version including the date we stopped adding new stuff to the rules, and the other is the release date.
Image
User avatar
Cralis
SDS Member
SDS Member
 
Posts: 10201
Joined: Tue 30 Jun 2009 19:27
Location: Oregon, USA

Re: Announcing the release of SOLAR STARFIRE v6.02

Postby nukesnipe on Sat 26 Sep 2015 15:38

Thanks, Gents!

Apparently, I never printed out the current version when I obtained it and just wanted to ensure I had the most recent version before I did.
Regards,

Scott Chisholm
nukesnipe
Captain
Captain
 
Posts: 233
Joined: Wed 28 Oct 2009 17:06
Location: Cresson, TX

Re: Announcing the release of SOLAR STARFIRE v6.02

Postby Sunwolf on Sat 23 Jan 2016 08:08

Any idea on the current time frame for the next version of the rules? I'm guessing it would be 6.02 but if it changes enough I suppose you could just call it 7.0
User avatar
Sunwolf
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander
 
Posts: 82
Joined: Wed 18 May 2011 04:53
Location: Village of Clinton, MI

PreviousNext

Return to The Starless Void

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron