Who's here?

Every discussion that doesn't have a home gets thrown into the Starless Void. Posters included.

Moderators: SDS Members, SDS Owner

Forum rules
1. Nothing obscene.
2. No advertising or spamming.
3. No personal information. Mostly aimed at the posting of OTHER people's information.
4. No flame wars. We encourage debate, but it becomes a flame when insults fly and tempers flare.

More than likely if your thread got moved, it got moved here. It is highly unlikely that a topic in the starless void can attain enough velocity to escape this sub-forum's event horizon.

Re: Who's here?

Postby igycrctl on Mon 13 Apr 2015 09:13

Anybody playing in Northern NJ? Wouldn't mind making some new friends.
igycrctl
Lieutenant JG
Lieutenant JG

Postby Bolfry on Tue 14 Apr 2015 17:50

Cralis wrote:
So... tell me, as a returning player, what are your thoughts on what you see with Starfire now?

erm, Where's the briefing room then? I got my disk about 2 years ago - have there been many changes? I'll browse the download list and see what stands out; however, pointers will be appreciated.

As far as getting up to snuff - there have been a LOT of changes since I played seriously last...that was under 3rd ed (boxes on shelf). I like Ultra, ya'll did a wonderful job at adding detail, realism, and streamlining - a difficult balancing act. I'm sure there are hiccups here and there and if I can get my sorry hide into a newbie campaign I'll be happy to give more feedback...(I would start a solo but I would really prefer a spotter the first time out.)

Looking for the page to the miniatures though...EDIT: Found it and yeah linked on the FB so now I feel silly.

edit: I found the link to the miniatures in the QSR downloaded from the SFDS homepage. Should this file maybe also be on the FB page as there is a file there with the counters? (Am I overlooking something? Yeah I know full of suggestions....no offense meant.)
"We've been living in the flames, We've been eating up our brains, oh please don't let these shakes go on..."- Veteran of the Psychic Wars - Blue Oyster Cult
Bolfry
Lieutenant SG
Lieutenant SG

Postby Cralis on Tue 14 Apr 2015 21:57

Bolfry wrote:I got my disk about 2 years ago - have there been many changes?

Hmmm if you have the 2013 version of Solar Starfire, that's the current version. We are planning another update later this year, so keep an eye out for that. Everything else has been new products.

I like Ultra, ya'll did a wonderful job at adding detail, realism, and streamlining - a difficult balancing act. I'm sure there are hiccups here and there and if I can get my sorry hide into a newbie campaign I'll be happy to give more feedback...(I would start a solo but I would really prefer a spotter the first time out.)

If you liked ULTRA STARFIRE, you'll probably like SOLAR STARFIRE since it was based on it originally. It's started into a new life since then, and the upcoming update will finish the last major rewrite (Section V). After that we'll be moving forward with the new history and looking to putting in totally new additions.

Looking for the page to the miniatures though...EDIT: Found it and yeah linked on the FB so now I feel silly.

The Shapeways page at http://www.shapeways.com/shops/starfire ? Hmmm yeah I should put a link from our forum too... plus I'm looking at updating at least the main part of the website to include all the new materials we don't currently have listed. We'll be looking at a more comprehensive website update in the future.

edit: I found the link to the miniatures in the QSR downloaded from the SFDS homepage. Should this file maybe also be on the FB page as there is a file there with the counters? (Am I overlooking something? Yeah I know full of suggestions....no offense meant.)

Can we put files on FB? For that matter, I'm not even sure if you can have permanent links...
Cralis
SDS Member
SDS Member

Postby Bolfry on Wed 15 Apr 2015 12:30

I'm going to correct myself, it was Solar I was trying to learn while in the Sandbox and it is dated 2012....*sigh* just look stuff up before you type that's all I'm supposed to do... :D

Up near the top of the articles in facebook groups is a link to add a file when you make a post just like adding a picture. The group already has some files, so I don't see why that can't/shouldn't be added there. In fact, please don't shoot me, but I just added it. ;) (Job's done, sir!)
"We've been living in the flames, We've been eating up our brains, oh please don't let these shakes go on..."- Veteran of the Psychic Wars - Blue Oyster Cult
Bolfry
Lieutenant SG
Lieutenant SG

Postby coldsteel on Fri 24 Apr 2015 16:08

Ok, all you Okies and Texians and Jayhawkers, I will be running open Starfire gaming at Tokyo in Tulsa July 17-19.
TFN: 2 BC, 4 CA, 2 CL, 8 DD
RPSA: 2 CV, 4 CA, 2 CL, 8 DD
civilian: 4 'FTx' (made FT out of 40K Imp Guard flamer tanks)
coldsteel
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Postby coldsteel on Sun 12 Jul 2015 08:47

coldsteel wrote:Ok, all you Okies and Texians and Jayhawkers, I will be running open Starfire gaming at Tokyo in Tulsa July 17-19.

5 days to go!!!
TFN: 2 BC, 4 CA, 2 CL, 8 DD
RPSA: 2 CV, 4 CA, 2 CL, 8 DD
civilian: 4 'FTx' (made FT out of 40K Imp Guard flamer tanks)
coldsteel
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Postby LordKron on Wed 09 Sep 2015 17:28

Hi guys. It's Alexei Timoshenko back after a long absence. New computer so I had to change screen names. Found the old notes for my fiction, so time permitting I'll post additional chapters.
LordKron
Commander
Commander

Postby Vandervecken on Sat 12 Sep 2015 09:56

How did 'Tokyo in Tulsa' go. Any Starfire stories?

I'm an Anime fan so if anything great was shown, I'd also like to hear about that as well.

Oh and pics of hot chick in Cosplay costumes are always easy on the eyes, ;)
I weary of the chasssse. Wait for me. I will be mercccciful and quick.
Vandervecken
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Postby Vandervecken on Sun 04 Oct 2015 19:44

Hello to all the newer people who have joined the Forum in the last few months. Don't be afraid to ask questions.

On the personal side - on Tuesday I will be having a triple-bypass surgery. I am making plans to be able to get my turns done while recovering from this pretty serious procedure. So in light of this I will state that the "Railgib' are a fiction. MY true racial name is the Aegean Empire. The Railgib did run into exactly what I said they did and I am at turn # 25 with them, just like we in the Price of Destiny Campaign are. But not in Lomn's campaign. To be honest, The TPoD Aegean's are having a slower time than the Aegean NPC in the solo Railgib campaign, so I might keep doing both and write about the Railgib/Aegean alliance (NOT) for a bit more. [the Aegeans plan on attacking the Railgib as soon as they are 'ready' and each time they hear of a loss to the berserkers it just makes them salivate all that much more.] Of course, there is a small chance that my surgery will have complications and I may have to drop out of the game. I'm an optimist though and am looking forward to spoiling my son's and my daughters kids (neither are yet dating at this time), in the coming decades. I hope everyone has a good week as I get my chest cracked open, heheheee.

I look forward to greeting many a new player here in the future.
I weary of the chasssse. Wait for me. I will be mercccciful and quick.
Vandervecken
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Postby dazrand on Sun 04 Oct 2015 20:00

Good luck Vandervecken, expect to see you back at it before too long!
dazrand
SDS Member
SDS Member

PreviousNext

Return to The Starless Void