Who's here?

Every discussion that doesn't have a home gets thrown into the Starless Void. Posters included.

Moderators: SDS Members, SDS Owner

Forum rules
1. Nothing obscene.
2. No advertising or spamming.
3. No personal information. Mostly aimed at the posting of OTHER people's information.
4. No flame wars. We encourage debate, but it becomes a flame when insults fly and tempers flare.

More than likely if your thread got moved, it got moved here. It is highly unlikely that a topic in the starless void can attain enough velocity to escape this sub-forum's event horizon.

Re: Who's here?

Postby thebard on Mon 05 Oct 2015 04:55

Vandervecken wrote:On the personal side - on Tuesday I will be having a triple-bypass surgery.

Hope all goes well with the "snip and tuck"

Vandervecken wrote:.... MY true racial name is the Aegean Empire. ...

the Noudese are looking forwards to finally getting to know the Aegean on
better terms than "partial comm's"
thebard
Commander
Commander

Postby LordKron on Mon 05 Oct 2015 10:55

Good luck with the surgery.
LordKron
Commander
Commander

Postby Cralis on Mon 05 Oct 2015 11:50

Van, good luck. We'll keep you in our thoughts and prayers.
Cralis
SDS Member
SDS Member

Postby Vandervecken on Sat 10 Oct 2015 23:46

I survived the surgery - moving real slow. My surgery went from a triple bypass to a pre-op decision to only do a double, and then while in surgery the cardiac surgeon decided to do a quadruple bypass. The level of difficulty went up but I got a better score from the Russian judges. They are all telling me I'm doing great, but I have to remember that the average age of their patients is a decade older than me.

Yes theBard, Someday I hope that we can advance beyond "partial comm's". Hopefully in the next few turns But no more Meta-gaming stuff here in the forum. I'll still try to think of your empire as a potential friend/enemy NPC that has behaved nicely since we bumped into each other.

Good gaming to everyone !

P.s. - I hope greybeard had a good surgery, it has been a bit since he last posted.
I weary of the chasssse. Wait for me. I will be mercccciful and quick.
Vandervecken
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Postby krenshala on Sun 11 Oct 2015 00:30

Glad to hear you got a decent score from the Russian judges. They are hard to please. :D

Remember a good attitude about it plays a big role in how quickly you recover. Oh, and pain is natures way of telling you to slow down, so listen to that too. We need all the Starfire players we can get, after all. :roll:
-- krenshala
None survive the harvest!

Yeah, I'm finally back (again)! Sometimes, life (and 9yo son's) don't leave you time to play SF and earn a paycheck. :/

No, really! Matt actually made me an admin here!
krenshala
SDS Member
SDS Member

Postby nukesnipe on Sun 11 Oct 2015 15:43

krenshala wrote:Oh, and pain is natures way of telling you to slow down

Funny, but the Marines on TARAWA always told me (the ship's Navigator) that pain was weakness leaving the body... ;)

Vandervecken, I wish you a speedy and complete recovery.
Regards,

Scott Chisholm
nukesnipe
Captain
Captain

Postby krenshala on Sun 11 Oct 2015 17:33

nukesnipe wrote:
krenshala wrote:Oh, and pain is natures way of telling you to slow down

Funny, but the Marines on TARAWA always told me (the ship's Navigator) that pain was weakness leaving the body... ;)

Vandervecken, I wish you a speedy and complete recovery.

Well, the Marine version is "A sucking chest wound is natures way of telling you to slow down." Those guys always do things a bit different than the rest of us. Right, Matt? :roll: :D
-- krenshala
None survive the harvest!

Yeah, I'm finally back (again)! Sometimes, life (and 9yo son's) don't leave you time to play SF and earn a paycheck. :/

No, really! Matt actually made me an admin here!
krenshala
SDS Member
SDS Member

Postby Cralis on Mon 12 Oct 2015 08:05

krenshala wrote:Well, the Marine version is "A sucking chest wound is natures way of telling you to slow down." Those guys always do things a bit different than the rest of us. Right, Matt? :roll: :D

If my last week is any indication, it's not always the most efficient way to handle affairs. However, it does make us one tough son of a...
Cralis
SDS Member
SDS Member

Postby thebard on Tue 13 Oct 2015 13:55

Glad to hear that the surgery went OK

Vandervecken wrote:
Yes theBard, ........ I'll still try to think of your empire as a potential friend/enemy NPC that has behaved nicely since we bumped into each other.

Well, you can always think of me as a "potential friend/enemy Player that has behaved nicely since we bumped into each other"
thebard
Commander
Commander

Postby Vandervecken on Thu 15 Oct 2015 10:10

thebard wrote:Well, you can always think of me as a "potential friend/enemy Player that has behaved nicely since we bumped into each other"

I do , but my empire doesn't know that you run by a human vs being run by the rules & GM fiat. I know that your empire is able to do things without rolls but my empire (as I play them) will only know what they find out thru our interactions. Your race has my empire's attention and so far 'that race' I bumped into seems to be a positive in this universe.

P.S. - Looks like we have established Full Contact on T25. Ahhh, a real ability to have a forward-advancing dialog. We can continue this in the TPoD forum and also using PM - (private messages) I'm Checking the 'Full Contact' rules to see what we can do at this stage.
I weary of the chasssse. Wait for me. I will be mercccciful and quick.
Vandervecken
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

PreviousNext

Return to The Starless Void