Stll plodding along

Every discussion that doesn't have a home gets thrown into the Starless Void. Posters included.

Moderators: SDS Members, SDS Owner

Forum rules
1. Nothing obscene.
2. No advertising or spamming.
3. No personal information. Mostly aimed at the posting of OTHER people's information.
4. No flame wars. We encourage debate, but it becomes a flame when insults fly and tempers flare.

More than likely if your thread got moved, it got moved here. It is highly unlikely that a topic in the starless void can attain enough velocity to escape this sub-forum's event horizon.

Re: Stll plodding along

Postby Xveers on Sat 10 May 2014 20:14

All of the modifiers are listed on page 82, Table K3.03.

They're all slight modifications to the rules for various things (research rates, construction cost, income and et cetera).
Xveers
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby Graybeard on Sun 11 May 2014 13:44

Good afternoon, Cralis and Xveers,

Yes, the table of modifications in K3.03 was what occasioned my post: I was overwhelmed with what I call data overload.

Cralis, I do appreciate your thorough posts, especially this one. I didn't know that I had stumbled into an optional rule; usually, I skip those to focus on standard rules. Thank you so much for making it all understandable to me.

Happy Mothers Day to all the women players and moderators who may have children.

Graybeard
I was watching "Space Patrol" live on B & W TV when most of you were gleams in your parents' eyes.
Graybeard
Captain
Captain

Postby Graybeard on Sat 17 May 2014 18:21

Good evening, all,

Well, I have finally finished the K section which closed with SOPs and other forms. Now, I'm ready to read L about populations and all. I'm looking forward to reading M about R & D. But, I do need to read about populations and how they determine income.

Happy weekend all,
Graybeard
I was watching "Space Patrol" live on B & W TV when most of you were gleams in your parents' eyes.
Graybeard
Captain
Captain

Postby Graybeard on Mon 02 Jun 2014 11:44

Greetings,

I'm finding Populations rough reading, but I'm plodding along. If I come to a spot where my mind wants to phase out, I quit reading for awhile and come back to it later. That's what's taking me so long.

Graybeard
Graybeard
Captain
Captain

Postby Cralis on Mon 02 Jun 2014 14:28

Graybeard! Good to see you back!

And no worries, there are a lot of rules. You're doing well, at least by my count, so far. What part of populations is vexxing you?
Cralis
SDS Member
SDS Member

Postby Graybeard on Mon 02 Jun 2014 18:42

Cralis wrote:Graybeard! Good to see you back!

And no worries, there are a lot of rules. You're doing well, at least by my count, so far. What part of populations is vexxing you?

Good evening, Cralis,

Good to see your post this early in the evening.

I'll get back to you after I reread the introduction to L, Populations et al. I should be back before the end of the week.

Graybeard
Graybeard
Captain
Captain

Postby Graybeard on Wed 04 Jun 2014 11:37

Good afternoon, Cralis,

It was the two formula; one for converting from PU to PTU and the other for converting from PTU to PU. I decided not to try to memorize them.

When I start playing, I can go to there in the manual and wrestle with it then.

Graybeard
Graybeard
Captain
Captain

Postby Cralis on Wed 04 Jun 2014 16:40

It might help to know that PTU is "how many people are there" at the rate of 50,000 persons per PTU; while PU is how many people produce 1MCr of economic output, at the rate of PTU per PU.

Both are important for different things: PU for calculating income and economic strength, PTU for hard counts of people for things like colonization.
Cralis
SDS Member
SDS Member

Postby Graybeard on Wed 04 Jun 2014 18:49

Good evening, Cralis,

That's a help. I had figured out that there can be so many PTU's to a PU. But, thanks for reminding me that it's 50,000 beings to a PTU.

Graybeard
Graybeard
Captain
Captain

Postby Graybeard on Mon 16 Jun 2014 15:48

Good afternoon, Cralis,

While I'm writing to share my discovery of David Weber's Honor Harrington's The Honor of the Queen on one of my bookshelves in my living room while browsing that end of that shelf (also has Leon Uris, Gore Vidal, Jules Verne, Dave Weber, H G Wells and another author) I'll ask a question. And, yes, I have read Weber's book.

I've been wanting to ask, where is the list of system body types? I've been looking at table L1.03 on page 86, for environments of different system body types. Where's the master list system body types? Then, just below that table, there's the Table L1.03.1 for Population Size Limits, which I have yet to figure out; first off, Homeworld Type and World Type in the middle of the column do not match. What's with that?

Regards,
Graybeard
Graybeard
Captain
Captain

PreviousNext

Return to The Starless Void