Stll plodding along

Every discussion that doesn't have a home gets thrown into the Starless Void. Posters included.

Moderators: SDS Members, SDS Owner

Forum rules
1. Nothing obscene.
2. No advertising or spamming.
3. No personal information. Mostly aimed at the posting of OTHER people's information.
4. No flame wars. We encourage debate, but it becomes a flame when insults fly and tempers flare.

More than likely if your thread got moved, it got moved here. It is highly unlikely that a topic in the starless void can attain enough velocity to escape this sub-forum's event horizon.

Re: Stll plodding along

Postby Cralis on Mon 04 Aug 2014 17:25

Graybeard wrote:Still struggling through L2 Economic Level Advancement. I can do a budget, but Book Keeping balance was rough and I never finished Accounting 101 because that professor wasted my time and money by talking about her social agenda instead of only accounting. I withdrew from college. Someday I'll go back for one course at a time starting with vocal music.
I can run my monthly budget, however.

Gotta love those professors...

This really isn't much more than your monthly budget. First, you add up all your incomes from populations, cc links, freighter leasing, and trade agreements. That is how much money you earned. Add it to any money leftover from the last month. Then start subtracting costs. Maintenance. New construction. Colonization. Cargo shipments. Research. Etc. Etc. If your income - costs = 0 then you're out of money.
Cralis
SDS Member
SDS Member

Postby Graybeard on Mon 04 Aug 2014 19:42

Good evening, Cralis,

Thank you for your post, good to see it.

Somehow, it seems more complicated than Imperial Starfire. grin.

It's good to be reading the manual ... the more I read the more I understand how I'll play the game. In previous Starfire games, I learned to put maintenance first, which I shall do in SSF. I also plan to put R&D as second expense.

Best regards,
Graybeard.
I was watching "Space Patrol" live on B & W TV when most of you were gleams in your parents' eyes.
Graybeard
Captain
Captain

Postby Moonsword on Tue 05 Aug 2014 10:47

Something that helped me was to start building my own worksheet in Excel and use it to run a few turns. I still haven't done anything with the trade rules (I found out my CFN designs were illegal around the same time I started waffling on what to do with an LEL NPR and haven't gotten back into it yet) but it really helped me get L organized mentally.
Moonsword
Commander
Commander

Postby Graybeard on Fri 08 Aug 2014 11:55

Good afternoon, Moonsword,

I like your handle. :)

Anyway, I've always used a composition notebook and devised my own turn sheet. I don't like being tied to a computer.

Oh, your illegal CFN, what, did you design ships above your Economic Level? :lol:

Best regards,
Don
I was watching "Space Patrol" live on B & W TV when most of you were gleams in your parents' eyes.
Graybeard
Captain
Captain

Postby Graybeard on Fri 08 Aug 2014 12:03

Gee, I've told everybody except Starfire.

Good afternoon, all,

The sixth and seventh of this month, I was scheduled to appear at the Dallas VA Hospital. The sixth was for cardiological follow-up. The seventh was for surgery to remove a cancerous tumor from my bladder.

The cardiological follow-up was from 2010, when the cardiologists looked inside my heart at three blockages and wanted to do a bypass. I chickened out of open heart surgery. So, this Wednesday two cardiologists talked me into the bypass surgery and one of them called Urology and cancelled my Thursday surgery in Urology.

I'd like any of you folks with religion to keep me in your prayers, as I go back to the VA Dallas Hospital next Friday for them to look inside my heart again. Then, Sept 17 I go back to cardiology at the VA Hospital in Dallas, probably for the bypass surgery.

Regards to all,
Don
Graybeard
Captain
Captain

Postby Moonsword on Fri 08 Aug 2014 13:44

Best of luck to you, Graybeard.
Moonsword
Commander
Commander

Postby Cralis on Fri 08 Aug 2014 17:24

Well crap. Semper Fi my brother. We'll keep you in our prayers.

Just remember, you can't keep a good Marine down!
Cralis
SDS Member
SDS Member

Postby dazrand on Sat 09 Aug 2014 02:39

Best wishes Don. You are in our thoughts and prayers as well.
dazrand
SDS Member
SDS Member

Postby Graybeard on Sat 09 Aug 2014 04:56

Good morning, all,

I thank all of you for your prayers and well wishes.

This is hot weather here, and I shut down my computer when the living room gets to 95 degrees Fahrenheit. So, it's early in the morning that I come online, not when it's hot.

Best regards to all,
Graybeard
Graybeard
Captain
Captain

Postby Graybeard on Thu 11 Sep 2014 17:50

Greetings,

Now that the weather's cooling, I'll have more time on the computer to read the PDF Complete Solar Starfire Manual.

Best regards to all,
Graybeard
Graybeard
Captain
Captain

PreviousNext

Return to The Starless Void