Stll plodding along

Every discussion that doesn't have a home gets thrown into the Starless Void. Posters included.

Moderators: SDS Members, SDS Owner

Forum rules
1. Nothing obscene.
2. No advertising or spamming.
3. No personal information. Mostly aimed at the posting of OTHER people's information.
4. No flame wars. We encourage debate, but it becomes a flame when insults fly and tempers flare.

More than likely if your thread got moved, it got moved here. It is highly unlikely that a topic in the starless void can attain enough velocity to escape this sub-forum's event horizon.

Re: Stll plodding along

Postby Moonsword on Wed 24 Sep 2014 17:20

Glad I could help! Best of luck with the surgery and recovery.
Moonsword
Commander
Commander

Postby Graybeard on Tue 30 Sep 2014 12:38

Thank you, Moonsword,

Yes, the VA has rescheduled the cancer surgery which Cardiologists ruled out because I'm an anesthetic risk. I will just make my cardiac appointments, which the bypass has yet to be scheduled. But, there are several appointments in cardiology working up to the bypass surgery. I won't tell them about my urology scheduled surgery and if they say anything, I'll just stand up for myself saying it's my risk and the result of removing cancerous tumor from my bladder is well worth the risk.
The Urology surgery is scheduled for 12/03/2014 and the main workup to it on 11/21/2014. Please keep me in either your kind regard or in your prayers, whichever is the path you walk.

Regards,
Graybeard
I was watching "Space Patrol" live on B & W TV when most of you were gleams in your parents' eyes.
Graybeard
Captain
Captain

Postby Cralis on Tue 30 Sep 2014 14:02

Graybeard wrote:The Urology surgery is scheduled for 12/03/2014 and the main workup to it on 11/21/2014. Please keep me in either your kind regard or in your prayers, whichever is the path you walk.

I'll keep you in both.

So... you have a little more than a month and a half until the workup. You making any more headway on the rules? We're here and we'll keep helping you with any questions you have!
Cralis
SDS Member
SDS Member

Postby Graybeard on Wed 01 Oct 2014 18:14

Good evening, Cralis,

Thank you for the opening.

What I'm doing with SSF at present is reading all the current posts for SSF and here in the Starless Void. I am presently burned out on all the details to the rules. When I get over it, I'll resume reading. (The most recent set of rules I've learned are Third Edition rules which I learned as I played the Wonder World game.) So, you see, SSF rules are the extra set of rules. Maybe I should take a break and play a few 3rd edition scenarios.

Also, I need to play a SSF start up turn to use and learn Economic and Population rules. Maybe I won't be so burned out on all the details after I actually play a turn.

Well, went to Dallas VA Hospital again today, and had my last two teeth pulled. They were rotten and Cardio is getting all health drawbacks straightened out so I can recover better from quadruple bypass surgery.

Best regards,
Graybeard
I was watching "Space Patrol" live on B & W TV when most of you were gleams in your parents' eyes.
Graybeard
Captain
Captain

Postby Cralis on Fri 03 Oct 2014 08:25

Graybeard, did you see that Lomn is building a sample starting turn for SSF?

http://starfire.rochelle.name/tutorials/empire-creation
Cralis
SDS Member
SDS Member

Postby Graybeard on Fri 03 Oct 2014 17:55

Good evening, Cralis,

Yes, I saw that ... thanks for the link from this thread, today.

Best Regards,
Graybeard
Graybeard
Captain
Captain

Postby Graybeard on Tue 28 Oct 2014 15:35

Good afternoon, all,

I've been reading player posts to different threads in Solar Star Fire instead of from the manual. This has kept me interested.

I also notice that my mind is trying to play Solar Star Fire with the limited rule knowledge I have at this time. So, I'm pretty sure I will resume reading the manual after my gripes mellow out. (Counting appendices this is a 400+ page complete Solar Starfire Manual. For goodness' sake +400 pages!!!)

Best regards to all,
Graybeard
Graybeard
Captain
Captain

Previous

Return to The Starless Void