Paypal woes

Every discussion that doesn't have a home gets thrown into the Starless Void. Posters included.

Moderators: SDS Members, SDS Owner

Forum rules
1. Nothing obscene.
2. No advertising or spamming.
3. No personal information. Mostly aimed at the posting of OTHER people's information.
4. No flame wars. We encourage debate, but it becomes a flame when insults fly and tempers flare.

More than likely if your thread got moved, it got moved here. It is highly unlikely that a topic in the starless void can attain enough velocity to escape this sub-forum's event horizon.

Paypal woes

Postby VoidStalker_WoE on Tue 30 Sep 2014 15:47

Hey guys, if this isn't the right place to post such an information request, pleas move it to where it should go.

I am trying to buy SSF, but my stupid PP account wants to confirm my cell phone, and two of the three are not getting the incomming texts and the third is out of service. What can I do?
VoidStalker_WoE
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Postby VoidStalker_WoE on Tue 30 Sep 2014 17:17

Disreguard, I got the account activated!
Unfortunately, I had to use my internet renewal funds for it, and so cannot get SSF today, dang it. :evil: :cry:
VoidStalker_WoE
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Re: Paypal woes

Postby Cralis on Tue 30 Sep 2014 18:45

I thought you could verify by email? At least, you used to be able. Of course I use my phone now so if something bad happens I'll know right away...

Or relatively so. Texts have sometimes taken 20 or 30 minutes to arrive :(

Did paypal require you to pay for something?
Cralis
SDS Member
SDS Member

Postby VoidStalker_WoE on Tue 30 Sep 2014 19:54

No, its just that I am between jobs at the moment and my other two phones didn't want to recieve texts (I sent one from each to the other), and so I had to blow some $$$ I had set aside for renewing my internet on getting the third (modern) phone back up and running. Now I will not be able to pay my internet till next week, and it goes off at midnight. :cry:

On the plus side, I am doing a landscaping job thursday, and that may give me the money for the internet. (Crossing my fingers).

As it is, they still have to make their 'test' deposits, and then I will finally have a working paypal account. :)
VoidStalker_WoE
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Re:

Postby Cralis on Tue 30 Sep 2014 20:18

VoidStalker_WoE wrote:No, its just that I am between jobs at the moment and my other two phones didn't want to recieve texts (I sent one from each to the other), and so I had to blow some $$$ I had set aside for renewing my internet on getting the third (modern) phone back up and running. Now I will not be able to pay my internet till next week, and it goes off at midnight. :cry:

Ouch. I've been there... it's not so much the struggle as the hassle that wore me down. What kind of work do you do?

On the plus side, I am doing a landscaping job thursday, and that may give me the money for the internet. (Crossing my fingers).

Woot!

As it is, they still have to make their 'test' deposits, and then I will finally have a working paypal account. :)

Yeah... the 1 penny and 2 penny "deposits" that probably cost them as much in fees to make the deposit. *laugh*
Cralis
SDS Member
SDS Member

Postby VoidStalker_WoE on Tue 30 Sep 2014 20:28

Cralis wrote:Ouch. I've been there... it's not so much the struggle as the hassle that wore me down. What kind of work do you do?

I was a cab driver, that is until Uber came to town. :twisted: :evil:

I struggled all summer just barely making ends meet, and then the kids came back and I thought things were going to be ok. 1st home game I made around $500 that week, and thought 'whew'. But then the next (and final) two weeks I worked my 12 hr shifts and had barely $500 --- FOR TWO WEEKS!!!

I got my forth and last 'dead call' and parked the cab at the owners house and walked 3 miles to my place. I am still looking for work 2 weeks later.
VoidStalker_WoE
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Re:

Postby Cralis on Tue 30 Sep 2014 20:31

VoidStalker_WoE wrote:
Cralis wrote:Ouch. I've been there... it's not so much the struggle as the hassle that wore me down. What kind of work do you do?

I was a cab driver, that is until Uber came to town. :twisted: :evil:

I don't know much about Uber other than they are playing dirty. How do they make money? You can't join 'em can you?
Cralis
SDS Member
SDS Member

Postby VoidStalker_WoE on Tue 30 Sep 2014 20:50

Uber is just an app for the smart phone, so their overhead is the cost of downloading the app (free).

In michigan, to 'drive for hire' you are required to be liscensed as either a taxicab driver or a limosine driver. Period. Limo insurance = $3,000/yr. Taxi insurance is twice that. So along comes Uber. Customers DL the app, request a ride, and then the app assigns the nearest driver to go get them. Thing is, these drivers are just folks that DL the driver side of the app, have no insurance or liscense for driving for hire.

Incedintly, Ann Arbor forbids cabs to operate w/o a meter, so there goes us using this app.

Also, the numb skull company owner, says he fire any driver caught using the app. :twisted: :evil:
VoidStalker_WoE
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Re:

Postby Cralis on Tue 30 Sep 2014 23:32

VoidStalker_WoE wrote:Uber is just an app for the smart phone, so their overhead is the cost of downloading the app (free).

So now that you're not hired by a cab company, can you do it? Or does the fact that your licensed forbid you? If so, that's really insidious...
Cralis
SDS Member
SDS Member

Postby VoidStalker_WoE on Wed 01 Oct 2014 01:04

No, now I could drive for Uber...
But I don't have a car of my own, as I just kept the cab at the house when my day driver was off duty. Makes things a bit tricky, but lotsa places to work within a mile.
VoidStalker_WoE
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Next

Return to The Starless Void