Announcing the release of SOLAR STARFIRE v6.02

Forum for SDS-run contest rules, entries, questions, and results.

Moderators: SDS Members, SDS Owner

Forum rules
This forum is for SDS contest rules, entries, questions, and results. Each contest will have a set of rules posted above the topics, and commenting will open when the contest goes live. Enjoy!

Re: Announcing the release of SOLAR STARFIRE v6.02

Postby wievil on Wed 17 Jul 2013 09:37

I emailed the orders address for my 6.2 upgrade and later got an email. I don't check that email every day and the link to download the update had expired.

:cry:
wievil
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Postby Cralis on Wed 17 Jul 2013 19:31

wievil wrote:I emailed the orders address for my 6.2 upgrade and later got an email. I don't check that email every day and the link to download the update had expired.

:cry:

I've emailed it to you twice now I think. If you are expecting a reply with something that has a time limit, you might check it every day until it comes :)
Cralis
SDS Member
SDS Member

Postby Club on Thu 18 Jul 2013 01:37

I'm not sure what the issue is, but acrobat really doesn't like the file you guys sent me. The only thing I've seen act similar is a ten year old computer trying to display a 200mb file, which considering that I've got a new machine running a very small file is weird.

The comp had to think about it for well over fifteen seconds before displaying the cover page picture.

It's still readable, just reporting an odd experience.
TAG: As I understand it, he sought to avoid turning one-point-six trillion Terran sophonts into undead, war-mongering super-soldiers.
Captain Tagon: It it wrong for me to think that would be pretty cool to watch?

http://www.schlockmercenary.com
Club
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Postby wievil on Thu 18 Jul 2013 14:44

Cralis wrote:I've emailed it to you twice now I think. If you are expecting a reply with something that has a time limit, you might check it every day until it comes :)

Wasn't expecting a link with a time limit. :o Never was sent anything other than an attachment before. :?

I've only recieved the one order reply last Friday. Nothing seen since. :oops:
wievil
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Postby Cralis on Thu 18 Jul 2013 21:11

Club wrote:I'm not sure what the issue is, but acrobat really doesn't like the file you guys sent me. The only thing I've seen act similar is a ten year old computer trying to display a 200mb file, which considering that I've got a new machine running a very small file is weird.

The comp had to think about it for well over fifteen seconds before displaying the cover page picture.

It's still readable, just reporting an odd experience.

I had that happen with the original image... it's huge. Maybe it got uncompressed or something? I'll look into it.

wievil wrote:Wasn't expecting a link with a time limit. :o Never was sent anything other than an attachment before. :?

I've only recieved the one order reply last Friday. Nothing seen since.

Hmmmm. Ok, well I'm sending you another here in a minute or two. Just remember to check your email :)
Cralis
SDS Member
SDS Member

Postby nukesnipe on Tue 22 Sep 2015 14:18

Uh...

This is kind of embarrassing. How do you figure out which version of SSF you have? The Credit section of my copy has the line "Special Credit for SOLAR STARFIRE version 6.02.201301", and each page has the footer "SSF-201307".

I'm thinking I'm behind on an update or two... :oops:
Regards,

Scott Chisholm
nukesnipe
Captain
Captain

Postby dazrand on Sat 26 Sep 2015 10:08

During production we ended up using two different identifiers for the versions of the rules. The main one is 6.02 and represents the version. The SSF-201307 is more of a build version of 6.02 and shows roughly when it published.

The current release is the one you have, 6.02.
dazrand
SDS Member
SDS Member

Postby Cralis on Sat 26 Sep 2015 11:48

dazrand wrote:During production we ended up using two different identifiers for the versions of the rules. The main one is 6.02 and represents the version. The SSF-201307 is more of a build version of 6.02 and shows roughly when it published.

One is the version including the date we stopped adding new stuff to the rules, and the other is the release date.
Cralis
SDS Member
SDS Member

Postby nukesnipe on Sat 26 Sep 2015 15:38

Thanks, Gents!

Apparently, I never printed out the current version when I obtained it and just wanted to ensure I had the most recent version before I did.
Regards,

Scott Chisholm
nukesnipe
Captain
Captain

Postby Sunwolf on Sat 23 Jan 2016 08:08

Any idea on the current time frame for the next version of the rules? I'm guessing it would be 6.02 but if it changes enough I suppose you could just call it 7.0
Sunwolf
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PreviousNext

Return to Contests