Pricing Information

Home of SOLAR STARFIRE, 6th edition, rules based on the upcoming history of the Terran Solar Union.

Moderators: SDS Members, SDS Owner

Forum rules
1. Nothing obscene.
2. No advertising or spamming.
3. No personal information. Mostly aimed at the posting of OTHER people's information.
4. No flame wars. We encourage debate, but it becomes a flame when insults fly and tempers flare.

Try to stick with the forum's topic. Threads that belong to another forum will be moved to that forum.

Re: Pricing Information

Postby Goose on Tue 23 Apr 2013 18:57

Just a quick question on the mechanics of getting the next version of Solar Starfire...I'm not sure if this is the right place to post but here goes anyway.
I recently bought the CD of Solar Starfire v6.01.201207 and now am wondering how I can get the next version when it becomes available.
Am I eligible for the $5(?) update to v6.02 and if so is it just a case of "buying" a link to download that update?
Not something that needs an urgent reply but I'd hate to have a less than up-to-date set of rules...there's way too much interesting stuff that sounds like it'll be in the next version.
Thanks in Advance
Goose
Lieutenant JG
Lieutenant JG

Re: Pricing Information

Postby Cralis on Tue 23 Apr 2013 19:56

Goose wrote:Just a quick question on the mechanics of getting the next version of Solar Starfire...I'm not sure if this is the right place to post but here goes anyway.
I recently bought the CD of Solar Starfire v6.01.201207 and now am wondering how I can get the next version when it becomes available.

After we announce the release, you will need to email me and ask for the update. The next version will be coming out next month. We are aiming for the end of the first week. In the future when we have time to do the next major site update we are going to try and have it all handled with the ecommerce system. But that is no sooner than a year away (probably a little more).

Am I eligible for the $5(?) update to v6.02 and if so is it just a case of "buying" a link to download that update?

We have not started the "fee" upgrade yet since we are still working on the base rules. However, version 6.03 WILL require such a fee and will include a trove of new content!

Not something that needs an urgent reply but I'd hate to have a less than up-to-date set of rules...there's way too much interesting stuff that sounds like it'll be in the next version.
Thanks in Advance

The next version, 6.02, will continue the general updates to the ruleset to make it stable. Up to 6.02 it will still play a lot like a supercharged version of ULTRA. Starting in 6.03 we are making a series of major changes to some of the rules (Section V, Section G, Section W, among others) that will include ALL NEW content and additional rules. That is when we will start the regular cycle of on fee update, the next a free updates consisting primarily of typo fixes and stability updates, then back around to the fee update with new content, etc.
Cralis
SDS Member
SDS Member

Previous

Return to Solar Starfire