Lomn's Shipyard Spreadsheet updated to 1.2

Home of SOLAR STARFIRE, 6th edition, rules based on the upcoming history of the Terran Solar Union.

Moderators: SDS Members, SDS Owner

Forum rules
1. Nothing obscene.
2. No advertising or spamming.
3. No personal information. Mostly aimed at the posting of OTHER people's information.
4. No flame wars. We encourage debate, but it becomes a flame when insults fly and tempers flare.

Try to stick with the forum's topic. Threads that belong to another forum will be moved to that forum.

Re: Lomn's Shipyard Spreadsheet updated to 1.2

Postby Moonsword on Sun 12 Oct 2014 19:07

Ah. Well, that explains it. I'll have to fix some (read: all) of my designs. I only noticed because in this case, I was directly reworking one of Lomn's design from the tutorial and had someone else's cost to suggest something was off.

And that reset button sounds handy.
Moonsword
Commander
Commander

Postby krenshala on Mon 13 Oct 2014 13:57

The (AC) listing should go on the first line right after the ship size. e.g., Example-class DD (AC) 30 HS ...
-- krenshala
None survive the harvest!

Yeah, I'm finally back (again)! Sometimes, life (and 9yo son's) don't leave you time to play SF and earn a paycheck. :/

No, really! Matt actually made me an admin here!
krenshala
SDS Member
SDS Member

Postby Whitecold on Wed 15 Oct 2014 07:40

I don't know how difficult it is to implement but the Sheet currently doesn't give an advisory warning for mismatched or missing Lj and (DEC) systems.
Whitecold
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Postby Lomn on Wed 15 Oct 2014 09:36

Whitecold wrote:I don't know how difficult it is to implement but the Sheet currently doesn't give an advisory warning for mismatched or missing Lj and (DEC) systems.

A basic sanity check (you have (DEC) but not Lj, or vice versa) shouldn't be hard. Mismatched, though, is something I haven't been able to figure out short of coding it with a macro, which I'm still trying to avoid as much as possible.
Lomn
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby Whitecold on Sat 18 Oct 2014 01:20

Lomn wrote:A basic sanity check (you have (DEC) but not Lj, or vice versa) shouldn't be hard. Mismatched, though, is something I haven't been able to figure out short of coding it with a macro, which I'm still trying to avoid as much as possible.

Launch bays seem to be able to recognize mismatched fighter bays, maybe that system could be adapted?
Whitecold
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Postby Lomn on Mon 20 Oct 2014 19:07

Launch bays cheat. Since launch bays top out at generation code 'y', I can just look for the last-in-alphabet generation suffix for BF, BG, and BL, and if BL is less than BF/BG, raise the flag. If/when Cralis extends the tech tree to 'ka', that solution will break.

More problematic, though, is that (DEC) has both a high and a low end. (BLy) + (BGa) is silly, but fully functional -- consequently, I only have to care about "highest found" (and so, if/when (BLka) happens, I can probably manage some solution to that bit). (DEC), though, only has a couple of legal Lj pairings per generation (and vice versa); (DECy) + Ljb isn't functional, so it's not enough to say that one side or the other is sufficiently high. Instead, a full advisory would need to check each instance of (DEC) and see if it has a legal valid Lj pair as well as checking each Lj to see if it has a valid (DEC) pair. That sort of "resolve an arbitrary number of comparisons" is where, as far as I understand it, VBA macros are the only real option. It's the same reason I can show a count of how many SRW/LRW are on a unit (because that's just checking for the weapon flag, and doing 2 checks is reasonable) but I can't provide a breakdown per-weapon (because that would be running a separate count for every weapon in the system list). Technically, can be done. In terms of being practical to implement... not so much. Weapons make up over 2000 of the 2700 or so systems I have in the table.
Lomn
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby krenshala on Wed 22 Oct 2014 07:00

Check for ka+ first, then check for a+, and you should be good. As for DEC, you may need a lookup table and cross reference the two parts of the system to make sure its valid.
-- krenshala
None survive the harvest!

Yeah, I'm finally back (again)! Sometimes, life (and 9yo son's) don't leave you time to play SF and earn a paycheck. :/

No, really! Matt actually made me an admin here!
krenshala
SDS Member
SDS Member

Postby Whitecold on Thu 23 Oct 2014 06:12

Other minor thing, currently restricted arc weapons are accepted as valid codes, but no check occurs.
Edit: Other thing, antimatter systems don't increase the Max SL
Whitecold
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Postby Whitecold on Mon 29 Dec 2014 05:30

I just checked freighter designs, and noticed that CFN lease income doesn't take speed into account, and modified the spreadsheet myself account for that and also show the ROI percentage, you might want to add those to the sheet.
Whitecold
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Postby Lomn on Mon 29 Dec 2014 15:16

The FT speed fix is already in the next release. I hadn't wanted to put in ROI% as another display, just because of clutter issues, but maybe if I do some sort of conditional thing so that it's not sitting there all the time....
Lomn
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

PreviousNext

Return to Solar Starfire