Lomn's Shipyard Spreadsheet updated to 1.2

Home of SOLAR STARFIRE, 6th edition, rules based on the upcoming history of the Terran Solar Union.

Moderators: SDS Members, SDS Owner

Forum rules
1. Nothing obscene.
2. No advertising or spamming.
3. No personal information. Mostly aimed at the posting of OTHER people's information.
4. No flame wars. We encourage debate, but it becomes a flame when insults fly and tempers flare.

Try to stick with the forum's topic. Threads that belong to another forum will be moved to that forum.

Re: Lomn's Shipyard Spreadsheet updated to 1.2

Postby SCC on Mon 29 Dec 2014 23:47

Freighter incomes and ROI's are only useful if you can compare a whole lot at once.
SCC
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby olivertheorem on Sat 28 Feb 2015 21:53

Ran into this in OpenOffice 3.3 the other day while fiddling around with designs for a solo campaign I'm hoping to get off the ground. The three hull mod drop downs just show $'reference'#NAME? when I click the arrow. I also get Error:509 from the Advanced Maneuvering, Intrinsic Sensors, and Warp Jump drop downs. Happen to have any easy fixes? I tried manually entering "Fast" in the Hull Speed Mod field and it rejected as an invalid value.

I'm thinking I can get rid of the data validation and have them work as manual fields, but I don't want to break anything else so I'm asking first. :D
olivertheorem
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Postby Lomn on Sun 01 Mar 2015 07:22

You can drop validation and it'll process normally. No idea on the 509 error; I don't know what about those cells is being interpreted as a "missing operator". If you can upgrade to OpenOffice 4, it's worth giving that a try -- that's what I've got for spot-testing on my end, and it seems to run pretty well.

The reference issues with hull mods and such should be resolved in the next release, which will push out as soon as I hear that Marvin's approved my paperwork for the new developer agreement.
Lomn
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby olivertheorem on Sun 01 Mar 2015 20:10

I'll try OpenOffice 4 and if that still doesn't work I'll just use them un-validated.
olivertheorem
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Postby Moonsword on Sat 19 Sep 2015 07:10

This might be a typo in the book instead of a bug but I noticed that Ptca is listed as 8.33 spaces in the current shipyard version. Solar 6.02 lists it as 8.25 spaces on pages 287 and 340 of the PDF.
Moonsword
Commander
Commander

Postby Xveers on Sat 19 Sep 2015 18:21

Yeah, that 8.33 value looks like a holdover from Ultra. There were a lot of changes from Ultra to SOLAR, and I'm not surprised that some got missed during the data validation when the sheet was first put together.
Xveers
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby Lomn on Sat 19 Sep 2015 18:43

Good catch. It's fixed in the next release (which reminds me, I really need to check with Cralis again on whether Marvin ever signed off on my developer agreement thingy).

edit: I will note, though, that Ptca is one of those weird cases where the fractional HS value of the system is available way before that fractional value is actually available: Ptca is SL 7, but ".25" doesn't exist until you've developed A4/S4 at SL16/17. So for quite a while, the actual HS of Ptca will indeed be 8.33.
Lomn
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby Cralis on Sat 19 Sep 2015 20:49

Lomn wrote:Good catch. It's fixed in the next release (which reminds me, I really need to check with Cralis again on whether Marvin ever signed off on my developer agreement thingy).

I could have swore I said yes... but now I can't find any emails on it. Let me dig further and verify.

edit: I will note, though, that Ptca is one of those weird cases where the fractional HS value of the system is available way before that fractional value is actually available: Ptca is SL 7, but ".25" doesn't exist until you've developed A4/S4 at SL16/17. So for quite a while, the actual HS of Ptca will indeed be 8.33.

There are some cases of that, and for the next update we've been making small adjustments to the sizes to match what is available in terms of fractional spaces.
Cralis
SDS Member
SDS Member

Postby Whitecold on Sun 20 Sep 2015 04:12

Lomn wrote:edit: I will note, though, that Ptca is one of those weird cases where the fractional HS value of the system is available way before that fractional value is actually available: Ptca is SL 7, but ".25" doesn't exist until you've developed A4/S4 at SL16/17. So for quite a while, the actual HS of Ptca will indeed be 8.33.

It does matter insofar if you have an even number of Ptca and combine them with 1/2 HS items. Still somewhat an oddity.
Whitecold
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Postby Whitecold on Fri 11 Aug 2017 14:54

Can someone reupload the shipyard spreadsheet?
The download section is still down, on some of my players don't have it, and are doing it by hand.
Whitecold
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PreviousNext

Return to Solar Starfire