Legacy CD Question

Home of Classic Starfire, the 3rd edition of Starfire, based on the novels by David Weber, Steve White, and Charles Gannon.

Moderators: SDS Members, SDS Owner

Forum rules
Forum rules
1. Nothing obscene.
2. No advertising or spamming.
3. No personal information. Mostly aimed at the posting of OTHER people's information.
4. No flame wars. We encourage debate, but it becomes a flame when insults fly and tempers flare.

Try to stick with the forum's topic. Threads that belong to another forum will be moved to that forum.

Re: Legacy CD Question

Postby Cralis on Wed 26 Aug 2015 18:39

Caplin wrote:I've been thinking about grabbing this myself at some point, as it would be nice to have all the 3rd Ed content in one place. I'm particularly intrigued by the magazines and scenario stuff.

I wish it were available electronically though, my Mac doesn't have a CD drive, and i haven't needed one for years

We've had a few people ask for this over the last six months, particularly from Europe. I forgot to follow up my conversation with Marvin about doing "digital cd" versions of the Legacy CD and Ultimate CD. Let me get back onto that...
Cralis
SDS Member
SDS Member

Postby Caplin on Wed 26 Aug 2015 20:55

Cralis wrote:[
We've had a few people ask for this over the last six months, particularly from Europe. I forgot to follow up my conversation with Marvin about doing "digital cd" versions of the Legacy CD and Ultimate CD. Let me get back onto that...

Much appreciated. It's not like 300 MB or so is a big download anymore, though I remember a time when that was definitely true.
Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were, but without it we go nowhere.
Caplin
Commander
Commander

Postby Morpheus on Thu 14 Jul 2016 15:40

I noticed that the Legacy CD contains ISW-4. Does that include the ship listings for the Arachnids and Star Union of Crucis?
Morpheus
Lieutenant SG
Lieutenant SG

Postby Cralis on Fri 15 Jul 2016 09:44

Morpheus wrote:I noticed that the Legacy CD contains ISW-4. Does that include the ship listings for the Arachnids and Star Union of Crucis?

It includes all of the unit designs and the order of battle for all of the scenarios for ISW-4, for ALL races involved... including the arachnid omnivoracity and the Star Union of Crucis.
Cralis
SDS Member
SDS Member

Postby jovianArchiver on Mon 17 Oct 2016 09:57

Is the "Forms Booklet" supposed to be in the Legacy CD? I'm trying to find it, but have had no luck so far. Also, is there any version of the map counters (aka the ones in the Downloads folder) that has stars, warp points, and such?
jovianArchiver
Midshipman 1st Class
Midshipman 1st Class

Postby Cralis on Mon 17 Oct 2016 12:18

jovianArchiver wrote:Is the "Forms Booklet" supposed to be in the Legacy CD? I'm trying to find it, but have had no luck so far.

I'm not sure what you mean by "forms booklet."

Also, is there any version of the map counters (aka the ones in the Downloads folder) that has stars, warp points, and such?

Hmmm... now that you mention it, probably not. I don't think we had considered that a player would get the older editions and want to print out the counters. None of the player submitted counters included stars, planets, or warp points?
Cralis
SDS Member
SDS Member

Postby jovianArchiver on Mon 17 Oct 2016 13:59

Cralis wrote:I'm not sure what you mean by "forms booklet."

11.04.01 The System Display Maps. The large system display map (the two-part map) is used to set up entire star systems and, when necessary, conduct system play openly. The small system display map appears in the Forms Booklet in two places - as a separate map and as part of the System Data Form (which players should photocopy freely) and is used to plot hidden movement and to chart system data (populations, installations, etc.) known only to one player (and, of course, the Space Master).

From Imperial Starfire, page 1 (or 6, depending on how you count them). It is later mentioned that there is a download in the webpage, but the downloads page is sorta broken so I can't even check.

Hmmm... now that you mention it, probably not. I don't think we had considered that a player would get the older editions and want to print out the counters. None of the player submitted counters included stars, planets, or warp points?

None include stars, the Terran, Khanate and Sword of holy Terra counter sheets in the "Downloads" folder each include 1 Earthlike planet, 2 Orange planets, 9 asteroids, and no stars, warppoints, moons, ice planets, or similar, and printing the entire thing just for the planets is sort of a waste of material.
All of the Starfire. All of it.
jovianArchiver
Midshipman 1st Class
Midshipman 1st Class

Postby aramis on Mon 17 Oct 2016 15:07

Cralis wrote:
jovianArchiver wrote:Is the "Forms Booklet" supposed to be in the Legacy CD? I'm trying to find it, but have had no luck so far.

I'm not sure what you mean by "forms booklet."

Also, is there any version of the map counters (aka the ones in the Downloads folder) that has stars, warp points, and such?

My font does...

Planet is w and W; alternate surfaces æÆ,oeOE,ðÐ,þÞ,øØ,πΠ.
aramis
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Postby Cralis on Mon 17 Oct 2016 16:41

jovianArchiver wrote:From Imperial Starfire, page 1 (or 6, depending on how you count them). It is later mentioned that there is a download in the webpage, but the downloads page is sorta broken so I can't even check.

Oh no, it's straight up disabled. That was the database that got hacked. There was nothing valuable on it (just news and free downloads), so we deleted and am starting over with a more secure design. Live and learn I suppose.

In the meantime I'm emailing the downloads to people who ask for them. However, you have a CD so you should have pretty much everything. Look and see if you have the Ultra counters, those should have stars and WPs.

None include stars, the Terran, Khanate and Sword of holy Terra counter sheets in the "Downloads" folder each include 1 Earthlike planet, 2 Orange planets, 9 asteroids, and no stars, warppoints, moons, ice planets, or similar, and printing the entire thing just for the planets is sort of a waste of material.

That's why I've never done it either. But a long time ago I bought some sheets of white Chessex blank counters, so when I need a new or unique one, I just make it by hand.
Cralis
SDS Member
SDS Member

Postby jovianArchiver on Wed 19 Oct 2016 06:53

I dont know about the USF counters, but what I might end up doing is mashing the sheets toguether, maybe add some extra units, and use that since the measurements work perfectly when printed on an A4.

Also, are there any template forms for ISF+SM2?
All of the Starfire. All of it.
jovianArchiver
Midshipman 1st Class
Midshipman 1st Class

PreviousNext

Return to Classic Starfire