SM2 Tech Tree

Home of Classic Starfire, the 3rd edition of Starfire, based on the novels by David Weber, Steve White, and Charles Gannon.

Moderators: SDS Members, SDS Owner

Forum rules
Forum rules
1. Nothing obscene.
2. No advertising or spamming.
3. No personal information. Mostly aimed at the posting of OTHER people's information.
4. No flame wars. We encourage debate, but it becomes a flame when insults fly and tempers flare.

Try to stick with the forum's topic. Threads that belong to another forum will be moved to that forum.

SM2 Tech Tree

Postby jovianArchiver on Sat 26 Nov 2016 05:54

Basically, I grabbed pages 14 and 15 from the SM2 book and turned the wall of text into a neat and colorful table. I ignored where HT12-14 said to "See ISW4" since I ran out of willpower to continue messing with boxes. The legend is to the right, and things are organized somewhat from top to bottom as follows: Structures/logistics, Hull systems, Alliance weapons, laser weapons, Alliance PD, AD weapons, AD PD, Thrusters+ECM, Smallcraft and finally missiles, with some miscelaneous stuff in the middle. The legend to the top right indicates the colorcoding, and the arrows indicate required systems.

All of the Starfire. All of it.
jovianArchiver
Midshipman 1st Class
Midshipman 1st Class

Re: SM2 Tech Tree

Postby nukesnipe on Wed 18 Jan 2017 08:14

Thanks for this!

I actually pulled out my 3rd/Revised rules last night to review them and my eyes glazed over at the tech tables.....
Regards,

Scott Chisholm
nukesnipe
Captain
Captain

Postby Cralis on Wed 18 Jan 2017 09:55

Very cool...

Are the arrows just to show what is related to what? If I recall correctly, there are virtually no pre-requisites in Classic Starfire techs.
Cralis
SDS Member
SDS Member

Postby jovianArchiver on Mon 27 Mar 2017 07:56

Arrows point to what systems are required for other systems, following the tech tree rules in Sky Marshal 2, which is what gave me the reason to make this tree in the first place due to how complicated it was, at least in text form.
All of the Starfire. All of it.
jovianArchiver
Midshipman 1st Class
Midshipman 1st Class

Return to Classic Starfire