SM2 NPR Population Question

Home of Classic Starfire, the 3rd edition of Starfire, based on the novels by David Weber, Steve White, and Charles Gannon.

Moderators: SDS Members, SDS Owner

Forum rules
Forum rules
1. Nothing obscene.
2. No advertising or spamming.
3. No personal information. Mostly aimed at the posting of OTHER people's information.
4. No flame wars. We encourage debate, but it becomes a flame when insults fly and tempers flare.

Try to stick with the forum's topic. Threads that belong to another forum will be moved to that forum.

SM2 NPR Population Question

Postby Caplin on Mon 27 Mar 2017 13:56

Edit: Upon thinking about it some more, I conclude it has to be applied to the PU value. Subtracting 50 from the die roll doesn't make much sense.

Hi All,

I ran into an Ind-1 NPR in my game today, and I wanted to confirm how rule 14.02.02B is supposed to work. I roll on that table, but am uncertain if I subtract the Ind-1 modifier from the die roll before using the formula, or from the final PU count. If I do it from the roll, i could end up with a negative number for population size, which looks weird. If I do it from the PU count, I can end up with large IND-1 populations.

I just wanted to check which reading was intended :) Thanks for any clarification.
Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were, but without it we go nowhere.
Caplin
Commander
Commander

Return to Classic Starfire