Classic Scenarios/history?

Home of Classic Starfire, the 3rd edition of Starfire, based on the novels by David Weber, Steve White, and Charles Gannon.

Moderators: SDS Members, SDS Owner

Forum rules
Forum rules
1. Nothing obscene.
2. No advertising or spamming.
3. No personal information. Mostly aimed at the posting of OTHER people's information.
4. No flame wars. We encourage debate, but it becomes a flame when insults fly and tempers flare.

Try to stick with the forum's topic. Threads that belong to another forum will be moved to that forum.

Classic Scenarios/history?

Postby Buckaroo13 on Wed 30 Aug 2017 08:28

Hi All,

First time post, long time Starfire fan.

What products do I need to order to get the classic scenarios covering ISW 1-4?
I always considered the Starfire history to be quite enjoyable and have fond memories of the missions in Starfire I and II.

Thanks!
Buckaroo13
Lieutenant JG
Lieutenant JG

Re: Classic Scenarios/history?

Postby nukesnipe on Wed 30 Aug 2017 10:59

You're looking for Starfire 1, 2 or Second Edition and Third Edition.

Starfire 1 and 2, the original games, cover ISW 1, 2, and 3:

http://www.wargamevault.com/product/203953/Starfire-I
http://www.wargamevault.com/product/203971/Starfire-II

The Second Edition also covers ISW 1,2 and 3:

http://www.wargamevault.com/product/204 ... tion-Rules

ISW 4 originally came out in the Nexus magazines, but was also turned into a supplement for the Third Edition. The best way to get all the Third Edition goodness is via the SDS order page:

http://www.starfiredesign.com/starfire/order/

I don't remember if the Third Edition covered ISW 1, 2 and 3.
Regards,

Scott Chisholm
nukesnipe
Captain
Captain

Postby Buckaroo13 on Wed 30 Aug 2017 11:55

Thanks Scott,

Just to clarify, if you know.

Second edition has all the ISW 1-3 scenarios? nothing else to gain, scenario wise, in also picking up Starfire I and II?

3rd Edition has ISW4 or all of them? On the product page a see several classic Starfire choices, which bundle do I need to get those scenarios?

Thanks again!

Jon
Buckaroo13
Lieutenant JG
Lieutenant JG

Postby Cralis on Wed 30 Aug 2017 12:26

What you want is the "Legacy Package CD" or "Legacy Package Download" -- the CD comes with a nice jewel case and Starfire artwork or you can download the package version. As mentioned on the order page, the Legacy Package contains all of the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd edition products that we have republished to date.

If you prefer to use a third-party vendor, we currently have all of our 1st and 2nd editions products for sale at http://www.wargamevault.com ... and we are very soon going to start putting our 3rd edition products there as well. You can also download our Quick Start Rules and Quick Start Rules for Miniatures for free from wargame vault.

To answer your other questions, each version of Starfire is an improvement that uses the same basic system but has changes. 3rd edition was the version built by David Weber and based on his Starfire novels. 3rd edition is the only version that has supplements for the entire history of Weber's Starfire (aka the Terran Federation history)
Cralis
SDS Member
SDS Member

Postby nukesnipe on Wed 30 Aug 2017 15:03

Didn't realize the Legacy collection contained SF1 and SF2; I thought it was purely 3rd edition.

Thanks for the education!
Regards,

Scott Chisholm
nukesnipe
Captain
Captain

Postby Cralis on Wed 30 Aug 2017 15:50

We added it with the idea of splitting the Ultimate CD (4th-6th) and the Legacy CD (1st-3rd) once we re-published all of the missing books and rebuilt the website. Consider this a spoiler: those things will happen this year.
Cralis
SDS Member
SDS Member

Postby Buckaroo13 on Wed 30 Aug 2017 18:57

Cralis wrote:We added it with the idea of splitting the Ultimate CD (4th-6th) and the Legacy CD (1st-3rd) once we re-published all of the missing books and rebuilt the website. Consider this a spoiler: those things will happen this year.

Thanks! you just made a sale! Loving Shapeways too. Picked up a QSR and now I'm planning a larger order
Buckaroo13
Lieutenant JG
Lieutenant JG

Postby Morpheus on Thu 31 Aug 2017 20:47

Occasionally you can find used copies of the 3rd Edition The Stars at War (ISW-1, 2 & 3) and Crusade (the Theban War) scenario books on Amazon or eBay for a good price. I got mine from Amazon 10 or so years ago and the used copies were in excellent condition.
Morpheus
Lieutenant SG
Lieutenant SG

Return to Classic Starfire