Getting started on my bucket list !

Home of Classic Starfire, the 3rd edition of Starfire, based on the novels by David Weber, Steve White, and Charles Gannon.

Moderators: SDS Members, SDS Owner

Forum rules
Forum rules
1. Nothing obscene.
2. No advertising or spamming.
3. No personal information. Mostly aimed at the posting of OTHER people's information.
4. No flame wars. We encourage debate, but it becomes a flame when insults fly and tempers flare.

Try to stick with the forum's topic. Threads that belong to another forum will be moved to that forum.

Getting started on my bucket list !

Postby Buffrockjaw on Sun 25 Feb 2018 16:58

I'm finally getting an "office" at home! I'll be able to leave games setup 24/7, so I can play The Stars at War scenarios that came in my Legacy CD!

I'm going to have magnetic dry erase boards to hang my system, interception and tactical maps on, and I'll be able to magnetize all my counters so that they won't get displaced by a careless bump!

With luck, maybe I'll be able to play through ISW1-ISW4 !!!
Buffrockjaw
Midshipman 1st Class
Midshipman 1st Class

Re: Getting started on my bucket list !

Postby Cralis on Sun 25 Feb 2018 17:02

Buffrockjaw wrote:I'm finally getting an "office" at home! I'll be able to leave games setup 24/7, so I can play The Stars at War scenarios that came in my Legacy CD!

Woohoo! Don't make the mistake that I did and get your office messy with a bunch of other projects. It's hard to get games going if you have to clean up first.

I'm going to have magnetic dry erase boards to hang my system, interception and tactical maps on, and I'll be able to magnetize all my counters so that they won't get displaced by a careless bump!

Now I'd love to see pictures of how you did that. I've thought about it, but thought that it would take too much work for the counters...

And post the scenario results to the board, I hope ;)
Cralis
SDS Member
SDS Member

Postby Buffrockjaw on Sun 25 Feb 2018 17:22

Cralis wrote:
Buffrockjaw wrote:I'm finally getting an "office" at home! I'll be able to leave games setup 24/7, so I can play The Stars at War scenarios that came in my Legacy CD!

Woohoo! Don't make the mistake that I did and get your office messy with a bunch of other projects. It's hard to get games going if you have to clean up first.

I won't, it will be a Starfire-only room

Now I'd love to see pictures of how you did that. I've thought about it, but thought that it would take too much work for the counters...

It probably will, but at long last I will have time! I'll try and get some pictures up!

And post the scenario results to the board, I hope ;)

I will be sure to! Especially when I am defeated by my kids
Buffrockjaw
Midshipman 1st Class
Midshipman 1st Class

Postby Xveers on Sun 25 Feb 2018 23:44

Let me know if you want some digital scans of some chits. I know they're 4th ed and not 3rdR, but I have a full digital set of all the chits for 4th edition (if that's useful to your setup).
Xveers
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby Buffrockjaw on Mon 26 Feb 2018 07:42

Ooh! Yes please!
Buffrockjaw
Midshipman 1st Class
Midshipman 1st Class

Postby nukesnipe on Tue 27 Feb 2018 11:54

There used to be a bunch of counters for download on the Starfire site's download page. Might be worth a look.
Regards,

Scott Chisholm
nukesnipe
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Postby Cralis on Tue 27 Feb 2018 14:17

nukesnipe wrote:There used to be a bunch of counters for download on the Starfire site's download page. Might be worth a look.

You mean look in the download forum until we get the site rebuilt, which is after we finish the republications and updates? I think I see that in there between some of your other words :)

I can put those files into the download forum. If I'm remembering correctly, we have the Ultra Counter sheets, godsgopher's Classic Starfire countersheets, and a couple of other Classic Starfire remakes. Would you like me to make those available in the downloads forum?
Cralis
SDS Member
SDS Member

Postby Buffrockjaw on Tue 27 Feb 2018 15:33

Yes please!
Buffrockjaw
Midshipman 1st Class
Midshipman 1st Class

Postby aramis on Tue 27 Feb 2018 15:37

There's also my classic counters font at http://aramis.hostman.us/fonts/StarfireCountersFont.zip
aramis
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Postby nukesnipe on Tue 27 Feb 2018 20:13

Cralis wrote:
You mean look in the download forum until we get the site rebuilt, which is after we finish the republications and updates? I think I see that in there between some of your other words :)

Uh....

Sort of forgot about that....
Regards,

Scott Chisholm
nukesnipe
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Next

Return to Classic Starfire