Errata?

Home of the 1st and 2nd editions of STARFIRE

Moderators: SDS Members, SDS Owner

Forum rules
Forum rules
1. Nothing obscene.
2. No advertising or spamming.
3. No personal information. Mostly aimed at the posting of OTHER people's information.
4. No flame wars. We encourage debate, but it becomes a flame when insults fly and tempers flare.

Try to stick with the forum's topic. Threads that belong to another forum will be moved to that forum.

Errata?

Postby Sekundar on Thu 19 Jun 2014 20:14

Is there errata for the original Starfire? I've been going over them, and there seem to be a few errors.
For instance, the freighter max-speeds seem to be bass-ackward. FT-1 and FT-2 are speed 2, FT-3 is speed 3, and FT-4 is speed 4. Also, the turn mode is 4 for FT-1 - FT-3 and 3 for FT-4.
F - is the Fire that rains from the skies
U - for Uranium bomb!
N - is for No survivors...
Sekundar
Lieutenant JG
Lieutenant JG

Re: Errata?

Postby Cralis on Fri 20 Jun 2014 13:05

Sekundar wrote:Is there errata for the original Starfire? I've been going over them, and there seem to be a few errors.
For instance, the freighter max-speeds seem to be bass-ackward. FT-1 and FT-2 are speed 2, FT-3 is speed 3, and FT-4 is speed 4. Also, the turn mode is 4 for FT-1 - FT-3 and 3 for FT-4.

I don't recall those as errors... but as intentional. The design back then isn't anything like the design now.

What you'd be looking for is contradictions where it says one thing in one place, and something different in another. I never really played STARFIRE prior to third edition, so I'm not very familiar with those older versions. Perhaps I should change that...
Cralis
SDS Member
SDS Member

Postby Sekundar on Fri 20 Jun 2014 16:38

Well, every other type of starship, smaller hulls are faster and have better turn mode. I don't know why only freighters would be the other way around.
F - is the Fire that rains from the skies
U - for Uranium bomb!
N - is for No survivors...
Sekundar
Lieutenant JG
Lieutenant JG

Postby Cralis on Sat 21 Jun 2014 01:31

Sekundar wrote:Well, every other type of starship, smaller hulls are faster and have better turn mode. I don't know why only freighters would be the other way around.

Could be. Of course, that version was written in 1980-1981, so I couldn't tell you for sure. Maybe someone else knows?
Cralis
SDS Member
SDS Member

Postby Albireo on Sat 21 Jun 2014 20:55

Sekundar wrote:Is there errata for the original Starfire? I've been going over them, and there seem to be a few errors.

Nexus magazines # 1 & 2 & 4 have errata for 1st edition SF 1 & 2 & 3. None of them mention anything about freighter max-speeds. If there are any other errata for 1st ed SF, maybe from the EC's, I am not yet aware of them. I still have a tremendous amount of reading to do. :lol:
Albireo
Captain
Captain

Return to Original Starfire