So... who'd like to see Starfire I, II, and III in pdf?

Home of the 1st and 2nd editions of STARFIRE

Moderators: SDS Members, SDS Owner

Forum rules
Forum rules
1. Nothing obscene.
2. No advertising or spamming.
3. No personal information. Mostly aimed at the posting of OTHER people's information.
4. No flame wars. We encourage debate, but it becomes a flame when insults fly and tempers flare.

Try to stick with the forum's topic. Threads that belong to another forum will be moved to that forum.

Re: So... who'd like to see Starfire I, II, and III in pdf?

Postby Cralis on Wed 26 Nov 2014 20:41

krenshala wrote:Matt, I think he was asking if the SF I, II and III rules would be updated with the errata from the Nexus/EC articles.

Oh!

Not immediately, no. At some point in the future we may go back and add edits like that, but currently we aren't planning on going through and adding all the errata to the various versions prior to Solar Starfire.
Cralis
SDS Member
SDS Member

Postby darbycmcd on Thu 27 Nov 2014 12:53

I would really like to see a PDF of the scenario books. The rules I am totally happy to have moved on to Solar, but I miss my old books. And it seems like those got a lot of people interested in the game, it would be nice to have them more widely available.
darbycmcd
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Postby Cralis on Thu 27 Nov 2014 14:01

darbycmcd wrote:I would really like to see a PDF of the scenario books. The rules I am totally happy to have moved on to Solar, but I miss my old books. And it seems like those got a lot of people interested in the game, it would be nice to have them more widely available.

We are actually working on the rest of the 1st edition books right now, and then we'll do the 2nd edition ones. We have most of the third edition books already (we don't have Stars at War or Alkeda Dawn done yet). But those will probably come next.

Beyond that, we will eventually get back to work on the Solar Starfire history and make scenario books for that.

The good news is that different people are working on several different things, so we can do more than one project at a time.
Cralis
SDS Member
SDS Member

Postby darbycmcd on Thu 27 Nov 2014 15:05

That is great to hear. In the end, probably the most important thing is the Solar scenario books, although they obviously are the most work. I get the impression that quite a few people were drawn into the system through the scenario books for previous versions, and it feels like that kind of compelling background is what is missing. But I am missing running some of those old battles, I would like to run them using Solar these days.

It would be sort of amazing if you could work out a collaboration with Procyon where he could write background stories to flesh out the scenarios, I would actually rather read his stuff than Weber's to be honest.
darbycmcd
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Postby RandyT0001 on Mon 22 Dec 2014 10:19

Any guess or estimate of when the group will finish 2nd edition Empires rules?
:?:
RandyT0001
Shuttle Pilot
Shuttle Pilot

Postby Cralis on Mon 22 Dec 2014 12:09

RandyT0001 wrote:Any guess or estimate of when the group will finish 2nd edition Empires rules?
:?:

Probably early next year. Between the holidays and stuff, everyone is busy with personal committments through, at least, the first week of January.
Cralis
SDS Member
SDS Member

Postby igycrctl on Tue 06 Jan 2015 07:58

Yes, please. I would also like to see 2ed Starfire too. Thanks.
igycrctl
Lieutenant JG
Lieutenant JG

Postby Cralis on Tue 06 Jan 2015 12:33

igycrctl wrote:Yes, please. I would also like to see 2ed Starfire too. Thanks.

The core rules are currently available for sale.

We are currently working on rebuilding the New Empires rulebook. In fact, Over the New Year holiday Dazrand sent me the first run of the rebuild. From there we have to add covers, rewrite the introduction and business information, and then fix any OCR errors we find. So we should have it done and rereleased here in Q1.
Cralis
SDS Member
SDS Member

Postby igycrctl on Tue 06 Jan 2015 12:50

Cralis wrote:The core rules are currently available for sale.

We are currently working on rebuilding the New Empires rulebook. In fact, Over the New Year holiday Dazrand sent me the first run of the rebuild. From there we have to add covers, rewrite the introduction and business information, and then fix any OCR errors we find. So we should have it done and rereleased here in Q1.

That is great! I am anxiously awaiting the re-release of New Empires. I will probably wait until everything is out so I can make one purchase.

Is there any plan to add 1st and 2nd edition to the legacy cd? It might be worth just getting the whole thing.
igycrctl
Lieutenant JG
Lieutenant JG

Postby Cralis on Tue 06 Jan 2015 14:11

igycrctl wrote:Is there any plan to add 1st and 2nd edition to the legacy cd? It might be worth just getting the whole thing.

Actually, yes. We are restructuring our CDs this year, starting this month now that I've got the missing ECs. We are making the Legacy CD be 1st-3rd edition and the Ultimate CD be 4th-6th edition and continue to update the CDs every year after.
Cralis
SDS Member
SDS Member

PreviousNext

Return to Original Starfire