So... who'd like to see Starfire I, II, and III in pdf?

Home of the 1st and 2nd editions of STARFIRE

Moderators: SDS Members, SDS Owner

Forum rules
Forum rules
1. Nothing obscene.
2. No advertising or spamming.
3. No personal information. Mostly aimed at the posting of OTHER people's information.
4. No flame wars. We encourage debate, but it becomes a flame when insults fly and tempers flare.

Try to stick with the forum's topic. Threads that belong to another forum will be moved to that forum.

Re: So... who'd like to see Starfire I, II, and III in pdf?

Postby igycrctl on Wed 07 Jan 2015 14:30

Cralis wrote:Actually, yes. We are restructuring our CDs this year, starting this month now that I've got the missing ECs. We are making the Legacy CD be 1st-3rd edition and the Ultimate CD be 4th-6th edition and continue to update the CDs every year after.

Okay, I am probably just going to have to get both. Are the CD's actual physical media which must be mailed, or can I just dl an ISO file to burn on my own? Also, are updates free, at a reduced cost, or full price. Thanks in advance for your reply.
igycrctl
Lieutenant JG
Lieutenant JG

Postby darbycmcd on Wed 07 Jan 2015 14:39

Cralis, are you going to have the scenario books for download at some point? It is just a lot more certain to get to me if the postal service is not involved down here. I have a strong itch to convert the battles to Solar standards and battle that s**t out!
darbycmcd
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Postby Cralis on Wed 07 Jan 2015 14:41

igycrctl wrote:Okay, I am probably just going to have to get both. Are the CD's actual physical media which must be mailed, or can I just dl an ISO file to burn on my own? Also, are updates free, at a reduced cost, or full price. Thanks in advance for your reply.

We actually use a print-on-demand CD manufacturer that sends them in fairly nice jewel cases decorated with art created by our SDS member Krenshala. The art on the Legacy CD is actually from the box covers of the original product art. The manufacturer mails the CD and case to you after printing.
Cralis
SDS Member
SDS Member

Postby Cralis on Wed 07 Jan 2015 15:06

darbycmcd wrote:Cralis, are you going to have the scenario books for download at some point? It is just a lot more certain to get to me if the postal service is not involved down here. I have a strong itch to convert the battles to Solar standards and battle that s**t out!

After New Empires we have the Starfire II and Starfire III books from 1st edition. The last book is the 2nd edition Gorm-Khanate War.
Cralis
SDS Member
SDS Member

Postby RandyT0001 on Wed 07 Jan 2015 17:04

[nudging my way to the front of the line for 2nd ed. New Empires] :P :twisted:
RandyT0001
Shuttle Pilot
Shuttle Pilot

Postby mcb1968 on Thu 15 Jan 2015 21:00

This is exciting! Glad to see the game growing.
mcb1968
Commander
Commander

Postby TimE on Fri 06 Feb 2015 23:22

I would love to get 1 2 and 3 again as I had every product at one time except ultra and the sky marshals.
TimE
Lieutenant JG
Lieutenant JG

Postby Rigelian12 on Tue 10 Feb 2015 14:23

Yes, it would be great to have these in a PDF format.
Rigelian12
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Postby Kargaroth on Wed 11 Feb 2015 20:39

This is my first time back since 2012 and I am sad to see my STARFIRE 2nd Edition Custom Tactical Compendium document was a waste, typing a rulebook out by hand because you don't have a scanner is very time consuming. I am glad for the PDFs though because this means I may eventually be able to get the Gorm-Khanate War Module without expending $50 like I did for my incomplete 1984 Box Set (though it did have the New Empires Rulebook included).
Working on BRUSHFIRE a tactical ground combat module for use with the 1984 STARFIRE box set.
Kargaroth
Midshipman 2nd Class
Midshipman 2nd Class

Postby whartung on Mon 16 Mar 2015 23:34

Any guesstimate on when the Legacy CD will be complete?

I'm interested in it, but there's enough activity to make me pause. Are we talking soon, or summer?
whartung
Lieutenant SG
Lieutenant SG

PreviousNext

Return to Original Starfire