So... who'd like to see Starfire I, II, and III in pdf?

Home of the 1st and 2nd editions of STARFIRE

Moderators: SDS Members, SDS Owner

Forum rules
Forum rules
1. Nothing obscene.
2. No advertising or spamming.
3. No personal information. Mostly aimed at the posting of OTHER people's information.
4. No flame wars. We encourage debate, but it becomes a flame when insults fly and tempers flare.

Try to stick with the forum's topic. Threads that belong to another forum will be moved to that forum.

Re: So... who'd like to see Starfire I, II, and III in pdf?

Postby Cralis on Tue 17 Mar 2015 00:33

whartung wrote:Any guesstimate on when the Legacy CD will be complete?

I'm interested in it, but there's enough activity to make me pause. Are we talking soon, or summer?

I've made three master CDs now, with the first two not "good enough" for reproduction. That was after having to order more since I ran out.

*sigh*

I'm actually uploading the third master right NOW as I type this message, so cross your fingers that I'll be announcing the changeover in the next 30-45 minutes...

EDIT: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=2738 is the announcement...
Cralis
SDS Member
SDS Member

Postby TimE on Tue 17 Mar 2015 16:07

does this mean I'll have to buy the CD again or would their be any way to maybe exchange the old CD for the new, as I bought both CD In 2013 I think.
TimE
Lieutenant JG
Lieutenant JG

Postby Cralis on Tue 17 Mar 2015 17:23

We don't have an inventory or an upgrade system for CDs... almost nobody does. So we don't really have a way to "update" without selling you a whole new CD. If you're just looking to update to include all the older products then I'd wait until we finish and add Starfire II, Starfire III, and the Gorm-Khanate War supplements. I think that's just about the only things remaining unreleased.
Cralis
SDS Member
SDS Member

Postby whartung on Tue 17 Mar 2015 21:21

Cralis wrote:If you're just looking to update to include all the older products then I'd wait until we finish and add Starfire II, Starfire III, and the Gorm-Khanate War supplements. I think that's just about the only things remaining unreleased.

These are what I'm waiting for as well, that's why I asked for a guesstimate timeline.
whartung
Lieutenant SG
Lieutenant SG

Postby Cralis on Wed 18 Mar 2015 01:21

whartung wrote:
Cralis wrote:If you're just looking to update to include all the older products then I'd wait until we finish and add Starfire II, Starfire III, and the Gorm-Khanate War supplements. I think that's just about the only things remaining unreleased.

These are what I'm waiting for as well, that's why I asked for a guesstimate timeline.

Ah. I thought you meant the master I was working on now. Since none of these products were originally going to be available for purchase, let alone be on the CD, these are all effectively bonuses on the CD!

As to when we will finish these last three: I really can't give you a schedule. These are fit in as we get scans complete and Daz has time to work on them. Some of the ones released so far took a month, some took 3 or 4 months. It all comes down to when time and materials are available.

I hate to give you a non-answer, but I really can't say.
Cralis
SDS Member
SDS Member

Postby Albireo on Tue 24 Mar 2015 16:13

Cralis,

I have sent you hyperlink to download my scanned images of 1st ed SF3 Empires.

So now you can perform OCR on them. I did my best to make sure they are dark enough to read. Please let me know if there are any problems.

All scans are 150 dpi, except the Galatic Hex map, which is 300 dpi.
This was to enhance the detail of the fine hex numbers.
The map had to be scanned in two separate portions. It was 11" x 14" , strange size.

I found three minor typographical errors referencing map hex numbers.
I also included errata from Nexus magazines # 1 , # 2 & # 4 , and the two STARFALL articles that have relevant official game information from Nexus magazines # 6 & # 7 . Might seem redundant, since these are already on the CD-ROM, but now darker.

Files are archived using 7-Zip v9.20 .
Albireo
Captain
Captain

Postby brucesim2003 on Tue 16 Jun 2015 10:26

Will you be selling the Gorm-Khanate war as a pdf or is it on cd only?

Also, interested in getting the 4 piece system map as seen on the ordering page, but apparently it's been suspended. Will it be back?

Cheers

Bruce
brucesim2003
Lieutenant JG
Lieutenant JG

Postby Cralis on Tue 16 Jun 2015 11:33

brucesim2003 wrote:Will you be selling the Gorm-Khanate war as a pdf or is it on cd only?

It will be a PDF but also put onto the Legacy CD, once it becomes available. We still have Starfire II and Starfire III in the lineup first.

Also, interested in getting the 4 piece system map as seen on the ordering page, but apparently it's been suspended. Will it be back?

I'm not sure what the plan of attack is for making those available again... let me find out for you.
Cralis
SDS Member
SDS Member

Postby brucesim2003 on Mon 29 Jun 2015 18:51

Cralis wrote:

I'm not sure what the plan of attack is for making those available again... let me find out for you.

Any update on this?
brucesim2003
Lieutenant JG
Lieutenant JG

Postby Cralis on Mon 29 Jun 2015 23:45

brucesim2003 wrote:
Cralis wrote:

Any update on this?

Hmmm... you know, I emailed Marvin and then expected him to respond and forgot about it. I'll try again and this time put a note on my calendar to make sure I follow up...
Cralis
SDS Member
SDS Member

PreviousNext

Return to Original Starfire