Strikefighter Question

Home of the 1st and 2nd editions of STARFIRE

Moderators: SDS Members, SDS Owner

Forum rules
Forum rules
1. Nothing obscene.
2. No advertising or spamming.
3. No personal information. Mostly aimed at the posting of OTHER people's information.
4. No flame wars. We encourage debate, but it becomes a flame when insults fly and tempers flare.

Try to stick with the forum's topic. Threads that belong to another forum will be moved to that forum.

Strikefighter Question

Postby the pugilist on Fri 06 Feb 2015 17:50

On the Fighter Kill table (for Starships attacking Strikefighters) it states that two dice are to be rolled for attacks, but the to-hit numbers are very low. Based on the example it seems like they are rolling one die for each attack on a strikefighter (or for when a fighter attacks another fighter). Is that correct? I'm sorry if this was clarified elsewhere, I couldn't seem to find anything.

Thanks!
the pugilist
Shuttle Pilot
Shuttle Pilot

Re: Strikefighter Question

Postby Albireo on Fri 06 Feb 2015 19:18

I have the original booklet, not the new *.PDF releases. An OCR error was found in the new *.PDF releases, but I do not know if there are more. If you find any, then report them here at the forum, so Cralis can resolve them.

In my original booklet, 1st ed Starfire 2 , p 29

section 5.32 PROBABILITY OF HIT TABLE
is used when fighters are attacking ships,
and the bottom of that table says to " Roll two dice. " . . . blah blah blah . . .

next section 5.41 FIGHTER KILL TABLE
is used when attacking fighters,
and the bottom of that table says to " Roll a single die. " . . . blah blah blah . . .

also on p 9 , section 5.42 PROCEDURE
"The player rolls a single die. "
Albireo
Captain
Captain

Return to Original Starfire