Farewell to Wonder World

Graybeard's campaign

Moderator: Graybeard

Re: Farewell to Wonder World

Postby Graybeard on Tue 25 Mar 2014 16:22

Good afternoon,

I have finally settled on the victory conditions for my "computer simulation" of two SL10 Tangri CLs attacking the SL1 Convoy Three.

The scenario is played on a floating map.

If Tangri CL2 tractors one of the FT5s, the Tangri win.

If Flotilla One of the convoy slows both CLs to a speed of four or less, at a distance of 13tH or greater from the FT5s, the convoy wins.

Set up

Floating Map

x2 Tangri CL enter stacked at tH 1501, facing direction 4., making full speed.

Convoy is stacked at tH 1434, facing 4 at speed four. Each DD has SM x200 in each Mg

Two maps are necessary for this scenario.

(The other delay was caused by finding a place in my house with enough room for the two maps end to end.)

Corrected Control sheets:

Tangri Corsairs The CLs are datalinked

Combined value of CLs = MCr1,605

Myn'Dahar -- CL1(2)SSSSSAAAAZ(BbS)(II)DO(II)(I)H(I)NN(CIC)?Xr(II)(I)QsQs(6) AC Tangri flag ship
! 40 HS Advanced Manuever 1 x1 ct
!
Myn'Dresuk -- CK2(2)SSSSSAAAAZ(Bbs)(II)(II)DN(I)(I)Ti(Hx10)Xr(II)(I)QsQs(6) AC
40 HS Advanced Manuever 1 x1 ct

Wookie Convoy

Each DD has x 200 SM in each Mg.

Comined values of DDs & FGs = MCr 1,302

Growler DD1(2)SSAAX(I)RMg(I)RMg(I)RMg(I)RMg(I)Q(I)Lh(6) AC convoy flag ship
30 HS
SnapperDD2(2)SSAAX(1)RMg(I)RMg(I)RMg(I)RMg(I)Q(I)Lh(6) AC
30 HS
Ripper DD3(2)SSAAX(I)RMg(I)RMg(I)RMg(I)RMg(I)Q(I)Lh(6) AC
30 HS
Slucer FG1(2)SSAA(I)(I)(I)L(I)(I)LQs(I)(6) AC Flotilla One Flag
20 HS
Slasher FG2(2)SSAA(I)(I)(I)L(I)(I)LQs(I)(6) AC
20 HS
StabberFG3(2)SSAA(I)(I)(I)L(I)(I)LQs(I)(6) AC
20 HS

Scenario errata: Convoy three had just finished emplacing SP on the outer planets of Wonder System # 1. The Corsairs don't know that they are chasing empty freighters.

Enjoy

When I play this, I'lll get back to you, with my results.
I was watching "Space Patrol" live on B & W TV when most of you were gleams in your parents' eyes.
Graybeard
Captain
Captain

Re: Farewell to Wonder World

Postby Graybeard on Tue 25 Mar 2014 21:08

Good evening, all,

Well, the scenario did not go as I thought it would. I separated my DDs from the convoy and sent the FGs and FT5s straight off in Direction 4. The DDs closed with the CLs. I was able to dance the DDs with the CLs, getting a few missiles through CL2's sole D. Only CL1 had ECM, so targeted CL2, which coincidentally had the Ti. I had planned to get into the CLs blind spot from about thirteen hexes out from the CLs, but the CLs closed with the DDs. I did something I had not planned on, and made a successful ram attempt with DD1 on CL2. The attempt slowed down the CL to speed four, and the FGs and FTRs were two maps away, by that time. In the meanwhile, the Xr and N of the CLs shut down all the Rs in DDs 1 & 2.

With the CL with the only Ti slowed to the freighters best speed, the CL had been prevented from tractoring any FTR5, and the Wookies won the scenario.
I played a few more turns, then declared disengagement and put up the game.

My strategy was to do the damage I could to the CL2 with the DDs, and keep the FGs with the freighters, in case the Tangri kept their Ti. Well, they still had the Ti, but it could no longer catch up to the rest of Convoy Three.
Any of you who've played this scenario drop me a line and let me know how it went.

Tonight is the first time I played since 1997, and is the last time I play with the Third Edition of Starfire. Now, I will be reading and maybe play some SSF quick start scenarios while I read.

Best regards to all,
Graybeard
I was watching "Space Patrol" live on B & W TV when most of you were gleams in your parents' eyes.
Graybeard
Captain
Captain

Previous

Return to Wonder World