Transit Racks and MNE

Home of discussions about Ultra Starfire (5th edition) and its predecessor Galactic Starfire (4th edition).

Moderators: SDS Members, SDS Owner

Forum rules
1. Nothing obscene.
2. No advertising or spamming.
3. No personal information. Mostly aimed at the posting of OTHER people's information.
4. No flame wars. We encourage debate, but it becomes a flame when insults fly and tempers flare.

Try to stick with the forum's topic. Threads that belong to another forum will be moved to that forum.

Transit Racks and MNE

Postby skurdzh on Thu 04 Apr 2013 04:04

If a transit carrier has MNE's are the ships that it carries protected from maser nebulas?
skurdzh
Midshipman 2nd Class
Midshipman 2nd Class

Re: Transit Racks and MNE

Postby Vandervecken on Thu 04 Apr 2013 04:41

E9.04.2
Transit Carrier Shields
While active, the Transit Carrier’s shields will block damage directed at the Transit Carrier and carried units as if they were a single unit. In addition, any active defenses and (MNE) systems mounted on the Transit Carrier will protect the carrier and any carried units

Those are the rules from Solar, but I doubt they have changed back in Ultra.
I weary of the chasssse. Wait for me. I will be mercccciful and quick.
Vandervecken
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Postby skurdzh on Thu 04 Apr 2013 13:12

Well, maybe I should have read the Official Rulings post first. :oops:
skurdzh
Midshipman 2nd Class
Midshipman 2nd Class

Postby Cralis on Fri 05 Apr 2013 00:40

Vandervecken wrote:E9.04.2
Transit Carrier Shields
While active, the Transit Carrier’s shields will block damage directed at the Transit Carrier and carried units as if they were a single unit. In addition, any active defenses and (MNE) systems mounted on the Transit Carrier will protect the carrier and any carried units

Those are the rules from Solar, but I doubt they have changed back in Ultra.

Considering that ULTRA doesn't even have a section E9, you might want to re-evaluate that assessment Van :) SSF has already started to diverge from ULTRA in many areas, and after 6.03 (not this update coming, but the one after) will diverge in most areas.

In the original ULTRA, none of these are true. However, as skurdzh has noticed, the official ruling at viewtopic.php?f=9&t=377#p2855 changed that so that "anything that protects the carrier, by definition, protects the parasite."
Cralis
SDS Member
SDS Member

Postby Vandervecken on Fri 05 Apr 2013 02:56

I'll stay out of Ultra for giving help. I do have a print-out of the Ultra rules, but they are buried in the "Attic of Doom'. At least I did state that I was quoting SOLAR rules. I'm relieved that my answer was right even though I actually had no clue that Ultra was different. I'm glad those still playing Ultra have that 'official ruling' regarding MNE as it just makes good sense to me.
I weary of the chasssse. Wait for me. I will be mercccciful and quick.
Vandervecken
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Return to Ultra Starfire