Club VS The Exodians

Home of discussions about Ultra Starfire (5th edition) and its predecessor Galactic Starfire (4th edition).

Moderators: SDS Members, SDS Owner

Forum rules
1. Nothing obscene.
2. No advertising or spamming.
3. No personal information. Mostly aimed at the posting of OTHER people's information.
4. No flame wars. We encourage debate, but it becomes a flame when insults fly and tempers flare.

Try to stick with the forum's topic. Threads that belong to another forum will be moved to that forum.

Re: Club VS The Exodians

Postby procyon on Mon 05 Aug 2013 07:35

I do think this would have been a battle my players would have opted not to hold the WP.
With small forces bad activation rolls can kill you.
If you had stood off at 90ish tH and let them come in, you could have likely extracted much greater losses with your MT and perhaps saved them. Your sqns would have been more effective on the SRW ships that had been so effective.

Hard to tell. But if you had a tug or two that would have been able to drag the BS with your group, or if the BS had tractors so they could have held onto the LRW ships...
...and I will show you fear in a handful of dust....

Cralis wrote:I would point out that the "what was" which is different from "here and now" can easily change in the "future then."
procyon
Sky Marshal
Sky Marshal

Postby Club on Mon 05 Aug 2013 16:56

It's the 'Colonization Fleet' major disastrous event. I suspect that if he's still getting reinforcements, and gets something military, it's going to have a Yc on it, because I don't think that they have one now.

Really, I don't think they have the resources to build more ships. Even with the ships I destroyed, they might not be able to pay to keep their current fleet in service. This was their only colony system. I'm wondering what they've done with my population that was on it.

I'm really happy Xveers didn't decide to park them on Greyson or somewhere I have a large population. That would have sucked. At the same time, with their 5% population growth, I don't think he can afford to let me conquer and keep them.
TAG: As I understand it, he sought to avoid turning one-point-six trillion Terran sophonts into undead, war-mongering super-soldiers.
Captain Tagon: It it wrong for me to think that would be pretty cool to watch?

http://www.schlockmercenary.com
Club
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Postby procyon on Tue 06 Aug 2013 09:24

Ok.
Colonization fleet fun. At least it is a one system wonder.
But it does mean you will end up stuck picketing the system as you won't be able to 'plug a WP' to keep them out. They just keep turning up till it's done.

Of course, this begs the question of why they were picketing the WP?
If they know about WPs, why are they crossing interstellar space to reach a planet? :mrgreen:
...and I will show you fear in a handful of dust....

Cralis wrote:I would point out that the "what was" which is different from "here and now" can easily change in the "future then."
procyon
Sky Marshal
Sky Marshal

Previous

Return to Ultra Starfire