AP with XO

Home of discussions about Ultra Starfire (5th edition) and its predecessor Galactic Starfire (4th edition).

Moderators: SDS Members, SDS Owner

Forum rules
1. Nothing obscene.
2. No advertising or spamming.
3. No personal information. Mostly aimed at the posting of OTHER people's information.
4. No flame wars. We encourage debate, but it becomes a flame when insults fly and tempers flare.

Try to stick with the forum's topic. Threads that belong to another forum will be moved to that forum.

AP with XO

Postby skurdzh on Wed 14 Aug 2013 04:31

Table XO.06 lists Bouy2 as being able to mount 5 XOa. AP.01.02 gives a formula for calculating XO for AP. Here in the forum in the topic "Mounting XO racks?" Marvin Lamb states that for ships the formula is FRN. Using the formula from AP.01.02 for Buoy2 and XOa, 4 / .7 = 5.7, FRN > 6. So, can a Bouy2 mount only 5 XOa, as in XO.06, or 6 XOa, as in AP.01.02?
Last edited by skurdzh on Wed 14 Aug 2013 04:35, edited 1 time in total.
skurdzh
Midshipman 2nd Class
Midshipman 2nd Class

Re: AP with XO

Postby Vandervecken on Wed 14 Aug 2013 04:34

I would say go with the BOUY amount of 5, as ships are NOT bouys (AP) by definition.
I weary of the chasssse. Wait for me. I will be mercccciful and quick.
Vandervecken
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Postby Cralis on Wed 14 Aug 2013 21:05

I seem to recall that XO on AP was supposed to be FRD, but I didn't check the table. I'd probably go with the table at XO.6 because there are less arguments among players there (and probably because Marvin balanced it that way).
Cralis
SDS Member
SDS Member

Postby skurdzh on Fri 16 Aug 2013 16:51

Ok, here is another question,

AP.01.2 states: "XO racks mounted in AP take up .1 AP HS per HS of ship surface area they would occupy on a large unit, i.e. one XOa takes .7 AP HS."

So, are XO racks for AP actually external or are they internal? In other words, if you equip an XO on an AP, does that AP then have less internal HS?
skurdzh
Midshipman 2nd Class
Midshipman 2nd Class

Postby Cralis on Sat 17 Aug 2013 02:42

skurdzh wrote:Ok, here is another question,

AP.01.2 states: "XO racks mounted in AP take up .1 AP HS per HS of ship surface area they would occupy on a large unit, i.e. one XOa takes .7 AP HS."

So, are XO racks for AP actually external or are they internal? In other words, if you equip an XO on an AP, does that AP then have less internal HS?

Because AP are so small, the XO racks take up both. They are externally facing mounts that take up the internal HS of the AP. The rule specifically states that they "...take up 0.1 AP HS per..."

AP do not have true XO racks in the same way XO racks work for ships.
Cralis
SDS Member
SDS Member

Return to Ultra Starfire