ULTRA Rules Typo Reporting

Home of discussions about Ultra Starfire (5th edition) and its predecessor Galactic Starfire (4th edition).

Moderators: SDS Members, SDS Owner

Forum rules
1. Nothing obscene.
2. No advertising or spamming.
3. No personal information. Mostly aimed at the posting of OTHER people's information.
4. No flame wars. We encourage debate, but it becomes a flame when insults fly and tempers flare.

Try to stick with the forum's topic. Threads that belong to another forum will be moved to that forum.

ULTRA Rules Typo Reporting

Postby krenshala on Wed 24 Mar 2010 02:27

I'm sure there are at least a few typos that have made it through the years of use and reporting on the list, so I wanted to create this thread so people can officially report them. If you find a typographical error in the Ultra rules please post the error as well as the rule it is found in so it can be corrected in the master copy of the rules.

If you have a question about the rule, and not just an error to post, please create a thread for the questions so the discussion doesn't clog up the listings here. Thank you.
-- krenshala
None survive the harvest!

Yeah, I'm finally back (again)! Sometimes, life (and 9yo son's) don't leave you time to play SF and earn a paycheck. :/

No, really! Matt actually made me an admin here!
krenshala
SDS Member
SDS Member

Re: ULTRA Rules Typo Reporting

Postby William on Thu 25 Mar 2010 21:48

G7 SQUADRON COMBAT
STEP 3 -- Determine the Attack's Damage

Roll 1d100 on Table G7.03 Squadron Damage Caused and apply the Damage Adjustment from Table G7.02 Anti-Squadron Damage Adjustment Table to the result in order to dermine the amount of Damage Points (DP) caused to the squadron.

When I first started playing ultra I kept on trying to apply the Damage Adjustment from Table G7.02 to the roll and getting wierd results. I know it is probably just me (and the example helps) but it really confused me, and those three little words emphasis the desired outcome. I would even leave them in bold in the text.
William
Lieutenant SG
Lieutenant SG

Postby William on Thu 25 Mar 2010 21:54

Table G4.01 Squadron Ordnance, note a: ast weapon (basically a type of gun) is always available as the default weapon for fighers. At -4 damage, it is nearly worthless.

Remove the underlined text as it is redundant, is background colour text, and conflicts with table G7.05.
William
Lieutenant SG
Lieutenant SG

Postby William on Thu 25 Mar 2010 22:03

G7.06.1.1 near the end Note: This replaces Section V combat vs shuttles.

Perhaps this text could be deleted?
William
Lieutenant SG
Lieutenant SG

Postby krenshala on Sat 17 Apr 2010 18:51

K3.01.1 second example -- BG needs to be changed to an actual crew grade (e.g., Average).
-- krenshala

Yeah, I'm finally back (again)! Sometimes, life (and 9yo son's) don't leave you time to play SF and earn a paycheck. :/

krenshala
SDS Member
SDS Member

Postby Xveers on Thu 22 Apr 2010 19:20

C4.04.2.2
"If a pair includes one Small Craft and one ship, use the Small Craft interpenetration chance"

There is only one kind of interpenetration chance. Since C4.04.2.1 deals with making pairs, and C4.04.2.3 deals with unpaired units, this line should just be deleted.
Xveers
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby krenshala on Tue 04 May 2010 19:33

Sensor table, the note for PDC detection range: should be listed in the Scan range section as 60% of Scan range, instead of in the Short range section as 30% of Short range.
-- krenshala

krenshala
SDS Member
SDS Member

Postby krenshala on Sun 09 May 2010 15:39

Appendix FF - Example C - Movement:
The second half of the second to last paragraph in the movement example should read:
The Terran player moves SCIPIO forward to hex 0822. The LIN BAO expends a movement point and remains in place. As this is their sixth movement point they have satisfied their turn mode yet again, and the Terran player turns SCIPIO to face hex 0821 and LIN BAO to face hex 0722.
-- krenshala

krenshala
SDS Member
SDS Member

Postby Elminster on Mon 12 Jul 2010 06:56

In the _ApxEE_Tables.pdf the weapon tables somtimes have boxes with related special rules. In these boxes there are the rule references as links. Some of them are badly placed and override the information below.

Especialy in the Laser Beam table the link hides the FRU/FRD information.

In the Universe Generation part, W5.04 Nebulas, in the table for Nebula Type Modifiers there is a White Giant mentioned (in fact: Blue/White/Red Giant +3). In W5.03 Star Type there are the Blue and Red Giants but no White Giant. I assume it is the White Star, but clarification is needed.

Elminster
In memory of Gary Gygax
In memory of Leonard Nimoy
In memory of Christopher Lee

In memory of Albert Einstein
E = MC^2 + 1d10
Elminster
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Postby Cralis on Mon 12 Jul 2010 12:29

Elminster wrote:In the _ApxEE_Tables.pdf the weapon tables somtimes have boxes with related special rules. In these boxes there are the rule references as links. Some of them are badly placed and override the information below.

Especialy in the Laser Beam table the link hides the FRU/FRD information.

I'm not sure I'm following what you are talking about by "hiding" The information looks fine on my computer...

In the Universe Generation part, W5.04 Nebulas, in the table for Nebula Type Modifiers there is a White Giant mentioned (in fact: Blue/White/Red Giant +3). In W5.03 Star Type there are the Blue and Red Giants but no White Giant. I assume it is the White Star, but clarification is needed.

Honestly nearly all "white stars" are A II or A III stars. In real life those are "giants" but STARFIRE doesn't call it a giant because it has planets. Only "giant" stars lack planets. Note that Marvin did this to make it easy to identify for new players, not for realism in naming.

Anyway, that table doesn't have room to say "blue giant/white star/red giant" so Marvin shortened it. IF there is room I'll see what I can do, but I can't guarantee that it can be made more clear.
Cralis
SDS Member
SDS Member

Next

Return to Ultra Starfire