Starfire Spreadsheet Mod 7-2 Out! More bugfixes!

Home of discussions about Ultra Starfire (5th edition) and its predecessor Galactic Starfire (4th edition).

Moderators: SDS Members, SDS Owner

Forum rules
1. Nothing obscene.
2. No advertising or spamming.
3. No personal information. Mostly aimed at the posting of OTHER people's information.
4. No flame wars. We encourage debate, but it becomes a flame when insults fly and tempers flare.

Try to stick with the forum's topic. Threads that belong to another forum will be moved to that forum.

Re: Starfire Spreadsheet Mod 7-2 Out! More bugfixes!

Postby Xveers on Fri 16 May 2014 02:16

Hi Caplin!

Generally yes, that is how the spreadsheet is used. Once it's set up IE all the information is entered, the file is saved under a new name, usually with the turn number in the file name, and then that file is updated with the new information (stuff like populations, research totals, et cetera).

I can't say I've ever use numbers, but the general giveaway that something is wrong is when a cell instead of returning a zero or number value where it is supposed to, instead returns an error. Still, assuming Numbers is a half decent spreadsheet program it should be alright.
Xveers
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby Caplin on Fri 16 May 2014 10:29

Well, I don't know about how decent it is. :/ I discovered that it claims not to support some of your formulas, so replaced them with the last calculated values. It doesn't list where it did the replacement though.

In short,I wish I had an accessible version of Excel for Mac, or were more familiar with writing spreadsheets myself. :(
Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were, but without it we go nowhere.
Caplin
Commander
Commander

Postby Xveers on Sun 18 May 2014 23:33

Ah. I suspect the issue is that the spreadsheet you have is running with Macros. Which explains why it's not working 100%.

Give me a bit, I'm currently chewing on something that's got me coughing up a lung, so It'll be a bit of time for me to backtrack to find a spreadsheet that dosen't use any macros in it. That however should be compatible with your needs.
Xveers
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby Caplin on Sun 18 May 2014 23:35

Any help you could give with that would be great. I think the macros are definitely part of the problem. By the same token, please don't overdo it. ;) I've been sick lately myself, get better!
Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were, but without it we go nowhere.
Caplin
Commander
Commander

Previous

Return to Ultra Starfire