Starfire Spreadsheet Mod 7-2 Out! More bugfixes!

Home of discussions about Ultra Starfire (5th edition) and its predecessor Galactic Starfire (4th edition).

Moderators: SDS Members, SDS Owner

Forum rules
1. Nothing obscene.
2. No advertising or spamming.
3. No personal information. Mostly aimed at the posting of OTHER people's information.
4. No flame wars. We encourage debate, but it becomes a flame when insults fly and tempers flare.

Try to stick with the forum's topic. Threads that belong to another forum will be moved to that forum.

Re: Starfire Spreadsheet Updated! Ultra Mod 7 Out!

Postby Xveers on Thu 04 Nov 2010 04:44

Malek wrote:Took a quick glance on the sheet. New fleet page looks spiffy but the only row 7 has formulas/dropdown lists ^^" Similar thing with Ship Designs - formulas for M. Cost go only down to row 24. Granted that both should be easily fixable but still worth mentioning :P

D'oh!
And after all that work I did to try to impress you ^^;
I took a look at the spots in question. You should be able to just copy down the code from above into the cells in question. They're coded to maintain references to reference tables while moving references that need to be moved. For the more squeamish among others, I'll be uploading a quickie fix soon enough :)

Edit:
Fixes deployed, link still valid but now pointing to the updated file!
Xveers
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby Malek on Thu 04 Nov 2010 06:47

Oh worry not, I have good practice at spotting various bloopers and errors while totally not looking for them :P To prove the point:
-"Ships" page counts maintenance with two decimals rather than one for some reason (which is odd considering Ship Designs tab which it looks up to does not)
-Fixed Units maintenance is no longer added to total empire maintenance
-(cosmetic) Fleet Name column uses blue bold font normally reserved for calculated stuff from row 8 onwards
-(even more cosmetic) On Planets tab any text input for "System id #" no longer centered ;p
Malek
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Postby Xveers on Thu 04 Nov 2010 15:26

Above bugs have also been crushed now. All were pretty quickie jobs.
Download link has NOT been updated yet (will do that when I get home).

Edit:
Update deployed
Xveers
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby Malek on Thu 04 Nov 2010 17:43

One. More. Bug.

Fleet Orders tab, maintenances for each fleet still count as if ship maintenance was counted with double decimal precision (i.e. - I have six ships with maintenance that displayed as 8.85 - which should round to 8.9. It rounds properly in ships tab now, but fleet maintenance is still 0.3 lower than it should)
Malek
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Postby LesMasters on Sat 06 Nov 2010 12:55

Another bug

In the Planetary SY Calculator, the PU and IU cells refer to the wrong cells on the "Planets" page. The PU cell refers to the "Race" column, and the IU cell refers to the "PU" column.

Les
LesMasters
Captain
Captain

Postby Xveers on Sat 06 Nov 2010 20:12

Bug squashed. Will upload that later tonight.
Xveers
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby Xveers on Mon 22 Nov 2010 03:03

Another update!

Download: http://members.shaw.ca/victor-daivon/St ... Mod7-1.xls

This one squashed a few interesting bugs, namely one that was squaring income from leased ships! Also bagged one where the player wasn't being charged for emplacement costs on colonization. And finally added in a ship # column in the ships tab. This lets you have 30 survey ships in one entry. Note: The cell where you enter the # of ships is designed to assume that, if there is NOTHING in the cell, it will assume a 1. So, if you say there are 0 ships, then there will be no maintenance.
Last edited by Xveers on Mon 22 Nov 2010 16:20, edited 1 time in total.
Xveers
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby Cralis on Mon 22 Nov 2010 07:02

Wouldn't this be mod 8? The last one was mod 7 :-)
Cralis
SDS Member
SDS Member

Postby Xveers on Mon 22 Nov 2010 15:01

Cralis wrote:Wouldn't this be mod 8? The last one was mod 7 :-)

The mod numbering system works on weird and mysterious and arcane reasons for incrementation.

In other words, it happens when I feel like it :P

(In more rational terms, it increments when I do major changes to the sheet. Patching bugs usually dosen't count for incrementing it :P )
Xveers
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby Cralis on Mon 22 Nov 2010 15:24

Xveers wrote:
Cralis wrote:Wouldn't this be mod 8? The last one was mod 7 :-)

The mod numbering system works on weird and mysterious and arcane reasons for incrementation.

In other words, it happens when I feel like it :P

(In more rational terms, it increments when I do major changes to the sheet. Patching bugs usually dosen't count for incrementing it :P )

You might consider doing 7.1 (and so on) for minor versions, because someone coming along and looking at the downloads is going to have no idea that you've made changes. Even if I say "yes changes here!" and put a date it still isn't totally obvious unless they happen to know when they downloaded it.
Cralis
SDS Member
SDS Member

PreviousNext

Return to Ultra Starfire