Starfire Spreadsheet Mod 7-2 Out! More bugfixes!

Home of discussions about Ultra Starfire (5th edition) and its predecessor Galactic Starfire (4th edition).

Moderators: SDS Members, SDS Owner

Forum rules
1. Nothing obscene.
2. No advertising or spamming.
3. No personal information. Mostly aimed at the posting of OTHER people's information.
4. No flame wars. We encourage debate, but it becomes a flame when insults fly and tempers flare.

Try to stick with the forum's topic. Threads that belong to another forum will be moved to that forum.

Re: Starfire Spreadsheet Updated! Ultra Mod 7 Out!

Postby Xveers on Mon 22 Nov 2010 16:21

Cralis wrote:You might consider doing 7.1 (and so on) for minor versions, because someone coming along and looking at the downloads is going to have no idea that you've made changes. Even if I say "yes changes here!" and put a date it still isn't totally obvious unless they happen to know when they downloaded it.

Mmm... very, VERY true.

Filename for latest revisions updated to 7-1.xls

Link: http://members.shaw.ca/victor-daivon/St ... Mod7-1.xls

Of course, this is also because I'm posting updates as soon as they're done instead of farming them off to my local group of... well, I can't say victims now can I.... hmm... test subjects? Yes. That works....
Xveers
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby Cralis on Mon 22 Nov 2010 16:41

Xveers wrote:Of course, this is also because I'm posting updates as soon as they're done instead of farming them off to my local group of... well, I can't say victims now can I.... hmm... test subjects? Yes. That works....

Oh crap, I was taking a drink when I read this. You'll be happy to know that your humor has cost me a few minutes of cleaning my keyboard. :roll:
Cralis
SDS Member
SDS Member

Postby Club on Mon 22 Nov 2010 18:40

test subject? Nice to know you hold me in such high esteem, buddy. ;)
TAG: As I understand it, he sought to avoid turning one-point-six trillion Terran sophonts into undead, war-mongering super-soldiers.
Captain Tagon: It it wrong for me to think that would be pretty cool to watch?

http://www.schlockmercenary.com
Club
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Postby Xveers on Mon 22 Nov 2010 20:56

Club wrote:test subject? Nice to know you hold me in such high esteem, buddy. ;)

Well, could be a -hazardous- test subject. That'd be a bit more unpleasant ;) Besides, I do a good chunk o' testing on myself first. I get all the hazardous testing done on myself first :P
Xveers
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby krenshala on Mon 22 Nov 2010 22:38

Xveers wrote:
Club wrote:test subject? Nice to know you hold me in such high esteem, buddy. ;)

Well, could be a -hazardous- test subject. That'd be a bit more unpleasant ;) Besides, I do a good chunk o' testing on myself first. I get all the hazardous testing done on myself first :P

GLaDOS wrote:... I've experiments to run. There is research to be done. On the people who are, still alive ...
-- krenshala
None survive the harvest!

Yeah, I'm finally back (again)! Sometimes, life (and 9yo son's) don't leave you time to play SF and earn a paycheck. :/

No, really! Matt actually made me an admin here!
krenshala
SDS Member
SDS Member

More Bug Fixes

Postby Xveers on Thu 02 Dec 2010 02:58

Hallo!

I've done some more work on the sheet. Additionally, I have ported over the entire deWulf empire to the sheet. Seeing as how my own empire is the one that uses the most stuff out of all the ones I have around, this is effectively my stress test.

Needless to say, the spreadsheet failed. And in doing so, pointed out some more glitches. Some were CFN, others were in the lookup tables that existed to pull ship information.

They have been crushed. As a result, I'm prepared to ID this as a "Stable, functionally complete release" and I do not believe it has any more core, critical issues that need repair. CFN shipping works (as does colonization) but hazardous pools are not yet re-enabled (but then this isn't mission critical). Some of the more advanced lookup features are also non-functional, but in time they will be enabled (allowing more automation).

I also had a bit of an epiphany a while back, and it may, and i mean -MAY- be possible for me to enable non-T/ST races in the spreadsheet. I'll need to get seriously under the hood of the entire planets page, as it'll mean a complete overhaul. Additionally, it will possibly necessitate moving to the Office 2007 file format (to gain access to some more data sorting commands). HOWEVER, it WILL NOT NEED MACROS. Assuming my little epiphany works.

Anyhow, update is available at: http://members.shaw.ca/victor-daivon/St ... Mod7-2.xls

Cralis: This looks to be a stable one. You can put it in the downloads section at your leisure.
Xveers
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Re: Starfire Spreadsheet Mod 7-2 Out! More bugfixes!

Postby LesMasters on Fri 28 Jan 2011 12:33

Another bug

In the "Shipping" sheet, the colonisation costs cell, O2, sums only the emplacement costs for interstellar colonisation. It ignores the in-system emplacement costs.

Les Masters
LesMasters
Captain
Captain

Postby Xveers on Fri 28 Jan 2011 15:53

LesMasters wrote:Another bug

In the "Shipping" sheet, the colonisation costs cell, O2, sums only the emplacement costs for interstellar colonisation. It ignores the in-system emplacement costs.

Les Masters

Thanks! I've fixed this for the next release.
Xveers
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Postby LesMasters on Mon 14 Feb 2011 00:32

Another bug, unless I've missed something.

Your CFN excess capacity formulae assume that ANY government capacity in excess of the Base pool minus the Extra pool is "excess". But Rule L4.05.1 states that it is only excess if it is not being hired back to the government.

When I've tried setting up a formula to handle this, I assume that any leased government capacity is used first. This means that there is excess capacity only if (leased government - H(or Qv) used) > (base pool - extra pool).

Les
LesMasters
Captain
Captain

Postby Caplin on Thu 15 May 2014 12:31

Hi All,

For the uninitiated, may I ask how this sheet is generally supposed to be used? Is it the kind of thing where I want a separate copy for each turn, and it will fill in calculations? I'm using it with Apple Numbers, since MS Excel on the Mac is not accessible with my screen reader.

I'd appreciate a clarification or two on this. The sheet seemed to load in Numbers just fine, but it's hard to tell where subtle errors may have crept in.
Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were, but without it we go nowhere.
Caplin
Commander
Commander

PreviousNext

Return to Ultra Starfire